New Employment Opportunity at Generation
Generation is a global non-profit that assists people in achieving economic mobility through employment. Working in collaboration with governments, employers, and other system players, Generation trains and places adult learners of all ages in otherwise inaccessible occupations. Generation, which debuted in 2015, consists of a worldwide hub (Generation You Employed, or GYE) and a network of in-country affiliates.
The network currently comprises 76,000+ graduates and 11,000+ employers from 35 professions and 17 countries. When learners join Generation, 90% of them are unemployed, with over half of them being long-term unemployed. Graduates have an 81% job placement rate three months after finishing our program, rising to 90% within six months.
67% of our repeat employer partners hire our employed alumni, and 88% of them work in jobs that are highly related to the professions for which they have received training. Graduates who are hired earn three to four times their previous salary. 70% of alumni continue to fulfill their daily financial needs two to six years after graduation, while 40% save for the future. Generation’s global graduates have earned $630 million in salary to date, with that figure expected to increase to $1 billion by 2023.
Generation graduates typically have a secondary school education, are 54% female, have 40% dependents, and identify with underrepresented communities in their country. Generation GYE performs original research and publishes data insights on high-priority global workforce transition problems to inform workforce system stakeholders’ decision-making.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
We are seeking an extraordinary Program Coordinator to assist the Ghanaian coalition of partners. This involves managing program schedules, assisting with program activities and operations, and providing assistance to coalition partner management. As a Program Coordinator, you will provide daily assistance to project partners. The Operations and Coalition Manager will be in charge of you.
You will be joining Generation at an exciting moment as we prepare to enter Ghana for the first time, and you will play a critical part in assisting us in changing the lives of thousands of job seekers. We will introduce new training and placement programs for a variety of remote professions (including virtual assistants, data analysts, digital marketing, web development, and customer service) as part of our partnership with the Mastercard Foundation. Generation will also coordinate a coalition of partners to test multiple means of delivery to determine ‘what works’ before scaling. This engagement could be the start of a longer and larger relationship with the Mastercard Foundation, so your work could have a long-term impact.
This position is for a full-time assignment from Q1 2024 to June 2025, with the possibility of extension. We will give preference to candidates based in Ghana. Candidates must be legally permitted to work in their home country. Weekly hours are estimated to be 40.
- The Program Coordinator will support the organization and management of GROW coalition partnerships, including schedule formulation and management, communications, and activity planning, and will report daily to the Operations and Coalition Manager. Specifically, you will be the program’s first point of contact for delivery partners.
- Liaise with functions to assist in the delivery of operations.
- Assist with the delivery process by meeting with program partners and vendors.
- build coalition support plans to identify risks, track progress, and build a tailored approach to the sort of assistance needed for each partner.
- Provide informal, ad hoc assistance to partners and vendors.
- Develop relationships with program delivery partners and offer assistance as needed.
- Assist in the development of a continual network of partner referrals
- Avoid legal responsibility issues by strictly adhering to policy, practice, and guidelines.
- Collaboration with Generation’s Global Functional teams to consult on design, monitor and troubleshoot outcomes, and so on.
- Act as a coordinator with our coalition partners’ functional teams; manage the program’s social media presence by frequently publishing, responding to inquiries, and reporting back to the larger team.
- At least 3 years of program coordination experience, preferably in a non-profit, start-up, or social entrepreneurship context;
- Experience working with unconnected communities and offering mentorship support to people from diverse backgrounds
- Experience designing program operating procedures and/or resources is preferred.
- Some knowledge of social media management.
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as the ability to plan and anticipate needs.
- High level of self-motivation and independence while also being a team player.
- Entrepreneurial and proactive mindset is required in a start-up environment to deliver on targets and identify possibilities for improvement/growth without direction.
- You have prior experience managing a team, project managing complicated activities, and communicating with a diverse range of partners, both virtually and physically. You have great people-reading and decision-making abilities; you have a demonstrated commitment to equity work; you are a skilled communicator with a proactive/responsive approach; and you are results-driven, capable of quantifying success through the development of metrics/analytics. You believe in our purpose, that meaningful work can impact people’s lives, and that you are enthusiastic about doing good.
How to Apply for this Employment Opportunity at Generation
Closing Date: January 22, 2024
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED