Barminco is one of the world’s largest, hard rock mining companies with over three decades of experience.
We are currently developing above 120 kilometres per year, and mining over 10 million tonnes on our multi-million-dollar fleet of underground mining equipment.
With new projects forecasted, this will see Barminco and AUMS grow to over 5,100 employees in 2021, across 25 projects in seven countries.
Since 2007 African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) has provided unmatched mechanised underground mining services across numerous projects in Africa.
4AUMS is dedicated to achieving the highest global standards in underground mining and there is a specific focus on sharing this mining knowledge across all levels of the business.
To date, we have trained over 20,000 Africans and developed over 100 African expatriates.
We have a wide range of people development programs, including an Apprenticeship, graduate and leadership program.
These programs ensure our people not only become exceptional in their field but have a career pathway to develop and progress through the organisation.
Our track record of contract extensions and renewals demonstrates the strength of our relationships with our clients and our ability to create enduring value for them.
About the role
We are seeking safety-focused individuals who are aligned with the AUMS principles to mentor and upskill the local workforce in best-practice underground mining standards.
In line with forecasted growth, we are seeking applications from experienced Technical Services Superintendent to join our West African Operations.
Reporting to the Project Manager this position will work a 6:4 roster, however at this present time due to COVID travel restrictions it will be working on a 8:6 roster.
- Strong background working with underground mining equipment and in a high-speed development mechanised mine
- WA underground supervisors’ certificate of competency, or equivalent
- The ability to perform and act as the relief Project Manager if required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering
- Ensure client requirements are met contractually and maintain a robust and favourable relationship with the client
- Provide financial analysis and implementation of cost reduction initiatives
- Production monitoring and liaise with the operations team to optimise project deliverables
- Review mining schedules, plans and designs as required and monitor progress, manning levels and productivity analysis including budget and costs
- Weekly and monthly performance reporting
- Management of quality assurance and compliance
- Assists with the preparation of monthly claims and interface with our client
- The ability to influence and engage with operational personnel, with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong observation and analytical skills that translate to improvements
- Highly experienced with information management system and reporting tools (e.g. Pronto) including valuing the importance of information security
What we can offer;
- A globally competitive nett salary with benefits including comprehensive insurance coverage (medical, travel)
- The opportunity to be involved in developing and training the future national workforce
- Remuneration packages will be discussed with shortlisted candidates
- FIFO from any major capital city in the world
Your passion for sharing knowledge and developing skills within the local team will be backed up by a resilient, supportive and considerate attitude.
Method Of Application
Closing Date: Ongoing
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED