National Teacher Education Coordinator
- Reports to Executive Director Works closely with Key Advisor Teacher Education Curriculum and Key Advisor Teaching & Learning Partnerships
- Line management responsibility for 5 University Lead Coordinators
- Responsible for the Teacher Education component of T-TEL’s work. This involves working closely with the Key Adviser, Teacher Education Curriculum and Key Adviser, Teaching & Learning Partnerships to oversee the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Organize national consultations and meetings to develop a National Teacher Education Curriculum Framework for Key Phase 5 (Senior High School). This Framework will set out the requirements for developing B.Ed. curricula for all Key Phase 5 core and elective subjects and provides the basis for the development of a proposed new Postgraduate Certificate for existing Bachelor’s’ Degree holders. This new qualification will focus on pedagogy to enable new SHS teachers to be trained within a period of one year.
- Work with the 5 public teaching universities to provide technical and financial support to enable the universities to prepare for the delivery of these new B.Ed. and PG Certificate courses from the 2022/23 academic year onwards. A key focus of this support will be on helping to develop stronger linkages and understanding between the education faculties and subject-specific faculties in each university so that all course lecturers have strong pedagogic understanding techniques and behaviours which the student teachers will use when they enter SHS classrooms.
- Oversee the work of 5 university-led teams of T-TEL staff to ensure that they provide sufficient support to enable universities to deliver activities including effective implementation of the B.Ed. in Initial Teacher Education in affiliated Colleges of Education. This will include work to ensure that universities are developing appropriate Teacher Professional Learning Community (PLC) and Professional Development Session (PDS) materials linked to the new B.Ed; the establishment of Teaching and Learning Material (TLM) Resource Centres in all 46 CoEs and work with MMDDEs and partner schools to ensure that Supported Teaching in School (STS) is implemented as intended across all 2,000 partner schools
- Represent the organization in public forums and meetings as required and produce written reports and updates as needed to fulfil obligations to clients. Work proactively to develop and oversee implementation of work plans and resolve problems and issues as and when they arise.
- Postgraduate qualification or equivalent in education project management or a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years working experience in teacher education project management is required to demonstrate a passion for, and understanding of the value of education
- Knowledge and experience of the teacher education sector in Ghana.
- Excellent managerial and planning skills including the ability to develop complex multifaceted work plans and see them through to completion
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Line management experience and ability to form high performing teams.
- Experience of monitoring the implementation of work plans, performance, and results
- Well-organized, task- and time-oriented, and with close attention to details
- Good ICT and report writing skills including experience in preparing donor reports.
- Independent, ability to use own initiative, ability to be flexible.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are to be submitted electronically to [email protected] before 5 pm on Saturday 18th July 2020. Applicants should clearly state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED