- Company: UNDP Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
Duties and Responsibilities
- The activities will include a consultative process with local and national stakeholders, participation from the key actors and capacity building of host institutions as required.
- The mitigation programme builds on the policies and measures included in Ghana’s Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC), and its REDD+ strategy whilst ensuring compliance with UNDP’s social and environmental and fiduciary management standards and other relevant market-based provisions.
Specifically, the selected candidate will:
- Participate in kick-off meeting with Ghana Forestry Commission and UNDP on the MRV workplan
- Develop individual workplan to contribute to overall MRV workplan
- Research and compile existing data and information on forest-related emissions and removals in programme area and through desk review and expert outreach and contribute to summary technical report.
- Provide analysis to support estimation of mitigation potential of planned interventions, including selection of methodologies/approaches for each activity/intervention.
- Support the process to interpret and correct maps.
- Identify data gaps, research and data compilation to complete market standard requirements including analysing effect of any other carbon sale and purchase agreements on the proposed programme.
- Additional support as needed related to items 3-6 listed above, including technical discussions and other communication with the Forestry Commission throughout the feasibility assessment period.
- Contribute to report writing for Forestry Commission reports and feasibility study report, organize meetings and liase with the Climate and Forest Team on a regular basis in order to ensure that deliverables are submitted in a timely manner.
Qualification Required & Experience
Min. Academic Education
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in geography, forestry, natural resource management, climate-change policies and/or other relevant field.
- Min. years of relevant Work experience
- Minimum of 5 years practical/progressive working experience in Ghana on environment issues, including climate change, forest carbon and REDD+
Required skills and competencies
- Extensive experience on forests and REDD+ is essential, including GIS/spatial analysis
- Experience with carbon markets standards and methodologies, particularly Verra/VCS methodologies, and the Jurisdictional and Nested REDD+ Framework specifically
Method of Application
Closing Date : 21 July. 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED