MOTORCYCLE RIDER TRAINING SCHOOLS at DRIVER AND VEHICLE LICENSING AUTHORITY (DVLA)
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA), in pursuance of Section 3(1)(a) and (e) of Act 569, which mandates the Authority to establish standards and methods for the training and testing of riders of motorcycles and in response to the increasing rate of road crashes involving motorcycle riders, is introducing reforms to streamline the training, testing and licensing of motorcycle riders.
In view of the above, the DVLA is inviting application from interested persons with the requisite competencies, knowledge and skills to be registered and certified to provide training for existing and prospective motorcycle riders.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION AND CERTIFICATION
Applicants will be required to:
- To begin with, Obtain application form from the Authority, fill and submit same.
- Secondly, Obtain approval for office, classroom accommodations and training area from the DVLA
- Then, Provide evidence of a registered business in Ghana to undertake motorcycle rider training
- Also, Provide evidence of bank account for the registered business.
- Moreover, Provide evidence of income tax payments (for already existing businesses only).
- Additionally, Have a classroom with a sitting capacity for a minimum fifteen (15) persons
- Afterwards, Have a minimum of four (4) training motorcycles for both riding instructors and learner riders. The motorcycle must not be less than 125 engine capacity
- Finally, Have the under listed safety gadgets.
- Motorcycle helmets (full face cover and DOT/Snell certified)
- Motorcycle Jacks (padded) and Pants.
- Rider’s gloves (full finger covering).
- Rider’s boots for riders.
- Earplugs for riders.
- Reflective Safety Vests clearly marked with the school’s name and reflective “L”.
- Chest Armor
- Knee and elbow guards.
- Also, Small and large safety cones twenty (20) each.
- Training ground in a secured environment.
- A minimum of two (2) trained and certified instructors who are holders of category “A” licence.
- Lastly, Four helmet Bluetooth headset.
HOW TO APPLY FOR MOTORCYCLE RIDER TRAINING SCHOOLS at DRIVER AND VEHICLE LICENSING AUTHORITY
Interested persons may obtain an application form from the Driver Training. Testing and censing Department, DVLA, Head Office at digital address GL-079-8174, Jawaharlal thru Rd, Opposite Parks and Gardens at Cantonments-Accra.
- Nursing Training College 2021/2022 Admission Forms
- 2022/2023 Nursing Training Admission Forms
- 50 full scholarships in the USA for African international students 2022
- Australian Scholarships for International Students 2022 | Fully Funded
- Universities in Australia without IELTS & Scholarships | Fully Funded
- Scholarships in Australia for 2022 Without IELTS | Fully Funded
- Prestigious Australia Awards Scholarships For MS & PhD
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED