JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is nonprofit public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. (JSI) is implementing the USAID-funded Strengthening the Care Continuum Project in Ghana.
The Care Continuum project is working to expand existing support to the Government of Ghana (GOG) and to accelerate Ghana’s progress in attaining the 95-95-95 UNAIDS goal by achieving HIV epidemic control in high HIV disease burden region(s) by scaling up evidence-based interventions.
Activities include active case finding of persons living with HIV (PLHIV), including key populations (KPs), getting them on treatment, retaining them, and ensuring they are virally suppressed in Ghana. The activity will be funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through September 2023.
The Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) is a full-time position based in Takoradi, Ghana. S/he will lead a team of finance, administration, and grants management staff and will be responsible for overseeing project financial management, subaward management with local civil society organizations (CSOs), procurement, and IT and property management.
The DFO will ensure that financial systems and internal controls are in place and comply with the standard US Government and JSI policy and procedures. S/he will be part of the project’s senior management team (SMT) and will contribute to project-wide decisions affecting implementation.
Reporting Relationship: The DFO will report to the Chief of Party.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall financial management and administration of the project, compliance with the cooperative agreement, and management support and oversight in the implementation of project activities
- Lead the development of annual work plan budgets with technical teams, and provide budget monitoring tools for technical budget holders to monitor expenditures vs approved budget ceilings
- Work closely with budget holders to forecast expenditure projections and use those projections to track spending against the approved annual budget
- Monitor annual budget to ensure no cost overruns at the end of the work plan year
- Prepare USAID and PEPFAR required financial reports, on a quarterly, annual, and ad hoc basis.
- Provide leadership of the finance and operations team, and leadership within the project SMT to help guide effective and compliant decision-making for the project
- Oversee subaward management of approximately 10 local CSOs, ensuring financial accountability of CSOs and proper stewardship of funds
- Review subaward annual budgets and provide finance team support to the grants team in the review of financial reports and documentation
- Oversee project procurement in accordance with JSI and USAID policies and procedures
- Oversee the project’s property management systems and controls
- Supervise finance and operations staff
- Review month-end transactions and provide support to the finance team to ensure complete documentation and accountability of all financial transactions
- Ensure accurate and timely financial information is presented to USAID, management, and project staff for decision-making.
- Ensure the management and compliance of the cooperative agreement is in line with USAID, JSI, and GOG guiding regulations
- Provide training and/or guidance to staff on financial controls and operational systems
Required Skills or Experience
- A master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or another relevant field, or a bachelor’s degree.
- Must possess a CA, ACCA, or CPA certification with 10 years or more of experience.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in the administrative and financial management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs, with a minimum of two years overseas.
- Demonstrated senior-level experience working with PEPFAR funded programs and/or other USAID-funded activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in accounting, financial planning and management, supply chain support, and procurement, among other management support areas/functions, as required.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets.
- Extensive experience in developing and managing a donor-funded grants program.
- Experience working with PEPFAR/USAID Missions, host country governments, USG health agencies, and/or USAID partner organizations desirable.
How To Apply
- Qualified persons are required to send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) marked ‘Director of Finance and Operations ’ to: Ghana.email@example.com
- Deadline for the submission of applications: November 23, 2021.
- Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No phone calls or drop-ins will be accepted.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED