- Company: Unicef
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Chief of Policy and Evidence (P&E), the UN Volunteer Child Rights Monitoring Specialist will:
- Lead strategic research and analysis on child poverty and emerging issues with the objective of generating evidence to inform policy advocacy, planning, budgeting and programming.
- Coordinate UNICEF support to national statistical system strengthening to ensure high quality national estimates on key child indicators, including capacity building on specific areas of data analysis and strengthening mechanisms for SDG monitoring.
- Under the overall guidance of the Chief of P&E, Volunteer with provide technical support to other Programme sections who may seek his/her inputs
- Support the development and strengthening of Government M&E frameworks for key national policies and plans, including capacity building to the Government.
- Provide guidance on our office research, quality assurance and capacity building.
- Lead strengthening of the child-rights system monitoring at national and district level, including those of civil society and NGO partners;
- In close collaboration with programme sections and the PME team, support the establishment and/or strengthening of existing independent monitoring and evaluation systems and processes of the relevant stakeholders to generate reliable and dis-aggregated data and analysis on the situation of disadvantaged and excluded children for the development child-related policies and programmes;
- Systematically promote equity-based child rights indicators and monitoring systems in partnerships with other stakeholders including the Ghana Equity Research Network (GDRIN);
- Actively seek partnerships with centers of excellence for the identification of capacity gaps (processes, indicators, etc.) to monitor and evaluate the progressive realization of child rights and reduction of equity gaps, as well as the develop strategies to address them;
- Support the Ghana Monitoring and Evaluation Forum to generate and use reliable and disaggregated data and analysis on the situation of vulnerable children for their own interventions and advocacy for child rights;
- Liaise with the Ghana Statistical Service on the MICS/DHS plan as well as support for the National Household Census;
- Support the National Development Planning Commission (NDPC) with the implementation of the Evaluation (MTE) of the Medium-Term National Development Policy Framework (MTNDPF), as well as development of Post District League Tables;
- Support the development of recommendations that are in line with child rights and ensure no one is left behind;
- Provide technical guidance to the NDPC to ensure that the next MTNDPF addresses the specific needs of children, youth and women;
- Provide ad-hoc technical support to the Policy & Evidence Programme
Master degree or equivalent
Advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, Demography, Social Sciences or other relevant disciplines.Required experience:
- A minimum of 5 years progressively responsible professional work experience in statistics or in conducting national quantitative and qualitative representative surveys including experience in developing countries.
- Prior experience with socioeconomic analysis, national household surveys, child rights monitoring required, and
- Research & evaluation capacity building and process management experience is desirable.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) is required
- Demonstrated experience with child poverty analysis is an asset.
- Languages: Fluency and high proficiency in verbal and written English is required.
- Applicants are requested to indicate their willingness to perform this assignment through teleworking from his/her duty station in their application.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Monitoring and evaluation, Statistics, Other science experience
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date : 17 March. 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED