MONITORING, EVALUATION RESEARCH AND LEARNING (MERI) MANAGER
The MERL Manager is responsible for managing the event Monitoring, Evaluation and Research strategy and implementation of related activities within MSG, as well as partner agencies where necessary. The job holder is responsible for ensuring that high quality, accurate and timely information is available for internal and external reporting purposes and will communicate closely with all stakeholders involved in the design, implementation and coordination of projects.
The MERI Manager will also play a lead role in the continuing development and implementation of MSG’s performance framework and tools (including QTAS, CLIC and QAF). He/she will also serve as the key link person for MSG and the Global Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Team and actively support MSG’s Regional Managers to ensure a high degree of regional capacity to collect, collate and analyze projects performance data. She reports to the Director, Regional Operations.
- Manage and provide leadership to the Monitoring, Evaluation Research and Learning (MERI.)
- Oversee the preparation and management of the work plan and budget for the MERL.
- Ensuring that the MERI team is compliant with all internal MSG policies (e.g.finance, procurement, human resource management, etc.)
- Provide necessary training, coaching and mentorship for the team.
- Work with project leads and Regional Managers to identify and address M&ff training needs of team.
- Proactively identify knowledge gaps within the organization and design strategic research android analysis of secondary data to address them.
- Support MSG to develop a culture of evidence-based decision-making across the programme Undertake and ensure high technical quality research that fulfils both local and MSI ethical standards
- Work with the Channel Lead, Centers and Centre Managers to put measures in place to increase the service income to cost ratio of the center network and specific center respectively.
- Maintain an accurate MIS database for management decision making and donor reporting.
- Undertake the publication and presentation of MSG research findings and articles in peer reviewed journals and conferences.
- Strengthen relations with key stakeholders and partners, including Coverment, RIM and other researchers
Master’s Degree in Statistics, Population Studies, Mathematics, Economies, Demography, Public Health, Agricultural Economics or Social Sciences required.
• Other relevant professional qualifications desired.
- At least six years of postgraduate relevant work experience with a minimum of three years at the managerial experience Experienced in managing a team and proven ability to undertake training and capacity building.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing (including supervising field work) analyzing and writing-up high quality research. Research, project management and INGO experience
- Demonstrated experience of actively collaborating with both internal and external stakeholder.
- IT literate competence with MS Office, SPSS and Epidata.
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent writing, presentation and verbal communication
- Team player, hard work and results focused
- Experience in working in health and sexual Pro-family planning and pro-choice and reproductive health.
- Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels government, donor and community.
- Able to inspire and excite others about turning data into information.
- Problem-solving, ‘can do approach to challenges.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should:
CLOSING DATE : February 19th, 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED