Monitoring & Data Collection Specialist Details
The contract will provide support to the Ghana operating unit.
The support will include technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the Missions portfolio to measure progress toward Development Objectives (DOs) and improve the achievability and sustainability of the Missions outcomes. Ghanaian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
This Monitoring & Data Collection Specialist position is contingent upon award.
Please note the Monitoring & Data Collection Specialist job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Monitoring & Data Collection Specialist Responsibilities
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide Performance Monitoring Support to USAID/Ghana in collaboration with the Program office to strengthen results measurement and manage the performance management plan
- Provide support to technical offices to utilize data to respond to taskers and report, as needed.
- Assist the Mission to manage the strategy-level Performance Management Plan (PMP), undertake more systematic data and trends analyses, and improve its ability to communicate results to various stakeholders.
- Assist the Mission in the selection of indicators (standard, custom, behavior-led, context, etc.)
- Advise the Mission in how to undertake context monitoring.
- Assist in data quality assessments and reports.
- Participate in the coordination or delivery of MEL trainings for USAID staff and/or other specialized trainings.
- Participate in key deliverables in the Performance Management workstream: (Annual plans, Reports, Learning and Utilization plans, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
Monitoring & Data Collection Specialist Minimum Requirements:
- Work authorization in Ghana is required and must have already been obtained.
- At least five years of relevant experience in research and evaluation methodologies (i.e. both quantitative and qualitative data collection, processing, and analysis).
- Two years of experience with a Masters degree.
- Experience in knowledge management, organizational development, and strategic communications in an international development context (preferred).
- Strong organizational skills, analytical capabilities, able to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks
- Able to work collaboratively with others to create and maintain a team environment and culture
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Familiarity with standard/office IT applications.
Bachelors degree in management, international development, economics, public policy, statistics, political science, health, education, or a related field required; Masters preferred
Monitoring & Data Collection Specialist Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of behavior-led change indicators and principals
- Knowledge and experience of monitoring, evaluation methods and performance management including indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, performance reporting.
- Experience assisting in assessment and survey design, quantitative and qualitative data collection methods, quantitative and qualitative analysis methods, and quantitative and qualitative data collection instrument/tool design.
- Willingness to work for extended periods in remote, insecure, and diverse environments.
- Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders, including donor/development organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders and project beneficiaries.
- Knowledge of USAID M&E principles and requirements, including familiarity with ADS 200 (preferred).
- Able to produce and edit reports and technical documents (preferred).
- Demonstrated high quality analytical and problem-solving skills (preferred).
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE : November 30, 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED