Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
ICI is recruiting a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to lead the M&E activities of a project on Engaging Cocoa Cooperatives to Combat Child Labor, funded by the US Department of Labour (USDoL)’s Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB). A total of 4 Million USD will fund the successful project over a period of 4.5 years. Under the supervision of the Project Director, the M&E Officer leads the project team in the successful delivery of the project M&E plan.
Please note that the position is subject to ICI’s successful grant delivery from USDoL ILAB.
- Conducting a rigorous process for establishing baseline values project-specific indicators;
- Developing and implementing a Comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (CMEP). which includes the collection, entering, processing, reporting, and analysis of data on project-specific performance indicators;
- Developing project-specific definitions of child labor, forced labor, and/or other violations of worker rights as part of the CMEP work (as applicable);
- Implementing a Direct Participant Monitoring System (DPMS) to collect data to monitor the provision of education and livelihood services for all participants, and the work and education status of child participants;
- Collaborating on required performance evaluations and/or other learning/accountability activities.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
- Proven success in designing, implementing and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in planning and managing various studies; for example, performance evaluations, baseline studies, case studies, and gender/diversity-related studies.
- Experience designing and managing multiple disaggregation variables for participant monitoring and database systems, including gender and age.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator design, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/performance monitoring plans.
- Experience in designing and administering data collection tools, conducting data entry, data cleaning, data processing, and analysis.
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers and/or sub-recipients.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
Education and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Master’s degree or Bachelor’s plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, economics, or international development preferred.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Understanding of gender mainstreaming and analysis frameworks and development of indicators pertaining to adolescent girls’ and women’s economic empowerment is preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
How To Apply
Successful applicants must be willing to serve on the project within 45 days of award and will be asked to sign a letter of commitment.
Please submit a resume (4 pages maximum) and a cover letter in English. Each resume must include the following information:
- Educational background, including the highest education level, attained;
- Work experience covering at least the last five years of employment to the present, including such information as employer name, position title, clearly defined duties, and dates of employment;
- Special experience, capabilities, or qualifications related to the candidate’s ability to implement the proposed strategy and perform effectively in the proposed position; and
- Evidence of English fluency and other relevant language skills, if required (includes speaking, listening, reading, writing). For non-native speakers, evidence of fluency may include a TOEFL test score or transcript showing completion of advanced English language coursework.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary expectations in English by 7th August 2020 to
Please put “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer” as the subject heading
- ?ICI has zero-tolerance for all forms of child neglect, abuse (sexual, physical, emotional, and psychological) and exploitation (sexual and commercial).
- ICI commits to putting the best interest of the child first, and at the center of its work, irrespective of a child’s ability, ethnicity, faith, gender, sexuality, and culture.
- ICI recognizes its responsibility to ensure and to promote a safe and secure environment for children. To effectively manage risks to children, ICI requires the commitment, support and cooperation of all staff, associates, partners, suppliers, service providers, and visitors.
By applying at ICI, you automatically agree to the above term and uphold the principles described herein
This position is funded by the US Department of Labour (USDoL). Successful candidates must agree with all USDoL policies, procedures, and requirements.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED