Project Component 2 Technical Specialist at Ministry Of Finance
A. Duties and Responsibilities of the Consultant
The Consultant will be required to provide technical support to the implementing agencies of the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MoTI), Ghana Free Zones Authority (GFZA), and Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC) in charge of activities related to the Component 2 of the project. The activities under this component will assist the Government of Ghana to put in place a sound framework and processes for spatial planning and development (including Special Economic Zones), that can lead to increased investments and to maximize their economic rate of return in terms of jobs, incomes and productivity growth.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- Work closely with the relevant Implementation Agencies (IAs) and the Project Coordinating Unit (PCU) Team to plan and deliver on the objectives of the Project Component.
- Coordinate with partners and stakeholders for the effective implementation of the Project.
- Oversee/monitor the implementation of the project component activities and provide overall guidance to the institutions mentioned above in terms of technical implementation of the project component activities.
- Provide expertise/technical support and strategic advice to the IAs in developing project implementation work plans and budgets.
- Ensure timely and effective management of the Project and implementation of all activities listed in the Work Plan (WP)
- Assist in drafting progress reports against agreed performance indicators;
- Participate in project coordination and peer review meetings with Project Team
- Assist the IAs in drafting the Technical ToRs relating to the component for consultancy assignments
- Review draft documents prepared by various experts and provide substantive actionable comments on draft documents produced to improve the quality, consistency and strategic contribution
- Contribute to the analysis and drafting of excerpts of the technical documents, as needed
- Assist in facilitating workshops and consultations with beneficiaries, other consultants and institutions involved in project activities
- Contribute and provide inputs to the reports to be generated by the IAs
- Collect data, document the results of the project, and assist in preparing progress reports, including inputs to the project’s M&E plan.
- Support the accurate and timely submission of quarterly, annual, and end of project activity progress/narrative reports and financial reports pertaining to the relevant IAs.
- Identify lessons learned and best practices from the project implementation process and provide the necessary support for improving the GETP activities at all levels;
- Arrange skills transfer and knowledge sharing opportunities with the IAS
- Provide other guidance upon request.
B. Duration of Assignment
The expert will be contracted for an initial period of 24months. The assignment may however be extended on an annual basis if the consultant performs well in her/his tasks and responsibilities as evaluated by the PCU, taking into account inputs from relevant stakeholders including the relevant implementing agencies.
C. Consultant Qualifications and Experience
The position requires work of a conceptual, analytical, and advisory nature at the higher professional level related to development, and project work that require substantive innovation and may involve some functions that are supervisory in nature to oversee project activities.
Qualifications at this level include an advanced degree and relevant experience commensurate with the job. Specifically, the Consultant will possess the following qualifications and experience :
- Advanced degree in project management, Public Policy, Economics, Law, Business Administration/Management, Development Studies, or related discipline;
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in supporting and providing technical assistance to public institutions, preferably in the area of Special Economic Zones, Industrial Parks, or Free Zones development and operation.
- Proven ability to technically backstop and manage complex project work
- Experience in managing or working on donor-funded projects a plus
- Experience working with the Ghanaian Private sector
- Demonstrated experience in writing technical TORs
- Ability to identify, analyze and propose practical solutions to a managerial, technical and broad range of operational issues
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to write succinctly and persuasively in plain English of publishable quality and to build stakeholder understanding and buy-in of more complex situations
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, including the ability to integrate feedback of team, manage, and facilitate group discussions.
D. Required documents
The application should include the following documents:
- An updated CV
- Copies of relevant diplomas (university degrees, etc.)
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with Individual Selection Method as set out in the Consultant Guidelines (Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (“Consultant Guidelines”) [January 2011 version, revised in 2014].
E. Submission of Expressions of Interest
Interested Consultants may obtain further clarification and Terms of Reference, preferably by email, at the address below from 9.00 AM to 4.00 PM, Monday through Friday (except on public holidays).
THE PROJECT COORDINATOR
GHANA ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATION PROJECT (GETP)
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
BOX MB 40, ACCRA, GHANA
ATTN: PROCUREMENT UNIT
ROOM 340, MAIN BLOCK
TEL: 0302-747197 / EXT. 1540
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED