The Ministry of Education has received a grant from the DFID and intends to apply part of the proceeds to fill the position of Gender, Inclusion and Safeguarding (GIS) Advisor to deliver reforms in three main priority areas.
Location: Accra, with occasional field travel
Tasks of the assignment:
• Provide Leadership in the review and finalisation of existing draft Gender Policy to address issues of GIS impacting the education sector.
Align the Gender Policy of the MoE with the National Gender Policy, the national level framework spearheaded by the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection
• Work with MOE/GES to align gender, inclusion and safeguarding issues into programme interventions including Advocacy, Organisational Development, Research Design/facilitate capability strengthening activities for gender leads within the MoE and its agencies
Train and support Staff of the MoE and GES to conduct gender analysis, incorporate findings and design Annual Road Maps to monitor progress.
Work closely with PTD, NIB and RS staff and Reform Owners to develop and implement appropriate messaging plans on GIS Develop annual work plans in collaboration with MoE/GES/NIB staff, and con tribute inputs to all reporting mechanisms.
• Provide leadership in designing appropriate psychosocial training programmes relevant for teachers and children in response to Covid-19 school closures and reopening
• Support District/Regional Girls Education officers to implement school-based gender, inclusion and activities.
Develop a comprehensive publicity and communication strategy, including media engagement on gender issues
regarding education in Ghana.
Experiences and Competencies
• Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Gender Studies, or other relevant fields
• Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in implementing development activities, re lated to gender integration and inclusion. Experience working on donor programmes and knowledge on donor approaches to gender sensitivity and inclusion.
A minimum 10-15 years working in gen der, youth, and vulnerable populations and effectively integrating gender con siderations into development projects. Experience implementing programs re lated to countering trafficking-in-per sons, prevention of sexual and gender-based violence and child
HOW TO APPLY
NOTE: Interested and qualified applicants should send their CVs and applications to:
Ministry of Education,
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 28th August, 2020
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED