MFS Africa is the leading digital payments hub in Africa, enabling low-cost payments across the continent.
The company works in close partnership with mobile network operators and financial institutions to bring simple and relevant payment services to unbanked people.
MFS Africa connects over 320 million mobile money users across sub-Saharan Africa through its platform – the MFS Hub.
As a B2B company, we enable cross-border payment for mobile money operators, banks, money transfer operators, large corporate and a growing number of SMEs.
Our recent partnership with Visa will soon allow us to connect the MFS Hub to Visa.net, effectively connecting African consumers and businesses to the global digital economy.
As a technology fintech company, we strive to automate everything we do and run world-class operations. Our locations include: Port-Louis, Accra, Johannesburg, Nairobi, Kampala and London.
We are regulated by the FSC in Mauritius, BoG in Ghana, BoT in Tanzania, and FCA in the UK.
We are looking for an outstanding, detail-oriented, and self-motivated junior accountant to manage day-to-day financial accounting and operations for several of our Group Companies.
Our ideal candidate should have a keen eye for detail, a can-do attitude and a passion for numbers.
The position can be based either in Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana or Kampala, Uganda and will report to the Group Financial Controller.
The duties and responsibilities of the role will be as follows:
- Accounting for any/(all) revenue, expenses and all other financial transactions entered and administered by company
- Timely preparation, submission, reporting and control of client invoices
- Manage operational bank account, executing weekly payments
- Monthly recons of all Balance Sheet items including reconciliations for banks, creditors, payroll, etc.
- Timely submission of statutory returns as and when requested by supervisor
- Ensuring compliance with relevant accounting practices, good governance and risk management practice, as well as laws and regulations
- Continuous improvement of accounting and reporting processes in line with overall business/group objectives and needs
- Intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Assistance with ad-hoc projects as and when needed
- Strong organizational skills with an impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills
- An achievement-orientated and results-driven attitude
- A taste for adventure and an interest in working in a fast-paced and fun start-up environment
Qualifications and experience
- BCom degree with minimum 2 years’ relevant work experience
- Passion for numbers and accounting, and get a smile on your face when the numbers all tie up
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Office
- Experience with Xero software an advantage
- We have a very diverse work environment with over 28+ nationalities represented and continually strive to build a culture of caring and execution
- We operate a flexible remote working policy
- We offer a competitive salary package and bonuses
- We prioritize the overall well being of our staff through various initiatives aimed at ensuring they reach their full potential in a supportive environment
- We solve relevant problems for Africa and the world in hope of continuing to make an impact on the millions, if not billions, of users who also believe in what we do
- We work at the very cutting edge of fin-tech in Africa
Method Of Application
Closing Date: Ongoing
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED