A security coordinator at the Metro Mass Transit Company Limited, Lawal Fuseina, has been handed down a 10-year prison sentence for blackmailing a former Managing Director of the company, Bennet Aboagye.
The Circuit Court in Accra found Mr. Fuseini guilty of charges including unlawful entry and extortion.
In April 2018, some workers of MMT petitioned the Special Prosecutor to investigate Mr. Aboagye over what they described as filthy deals being transacted in the company.
According to the petition, signed by the now-convicted security coordinator of the company, Lawal Fuseina, the MD, in collusion with some top officials of the company planned to secretly purchase 300 new buses and electrical products, and sell off the existing buses.
However, the then Managing Director of MMT, Bennet Aboagye, dismissed the allegations.
He insisted that Mr. Lawal was rather trying to extort about GHc1 million from him.
He later paid 40,000 cedis and subsequently reported the matter to the police.
- NLC, UTAG return to court today amid ongoing strike
- Court orders UTAG to suspend strike
- UTAG agrees to call off strike – Education Committee
- NIA OPENS NEW REGISTRATION POINTS
- Medikal convicted for brandishing gun, fined GH¢3,600
- Catch glimpse of a ‘suspected’ witch who got stuck on high tension pole (VIDEO)
- There’s nowhere to hide for tax evaders – GRA warns
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED