Medior Monitoring & Evaluation Expert Job At MDF West Africa Limited
About MDF West Africa Limited
MDF West Africa Limited (MDF West Africa) is a training and management consultancy firm that is registered in Ghana and commenced business on May 2009. MDF West Africa serves global and local clients in any of the West African countries and beyond. With a core staff of 28 professionals, supported by a network of 25 associated trainers/consultants, MDF WA is a multi-project organization implementing approximately 15 projects simultaneously.
MDF West Africa is a fully owned local subsidiary of MDF Training & Consultancy BV that has been building the capacity of individuals, organizations, and networks since 1984 with the mission of ‘empowering people, creating impact’.
The Global MDF has offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, Kenya, Ghana, D.R. Congo, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Myanmar, and project offices in Rwanda, Uganda, and Benin. MDF offers open-subscription training courses, tailor-made training and workshops, and consultancy services in multiple sectors. MDF also provides support to organizations in the design and implementation of project monitoring and evaluation and learning (MEL) processes.
POSITION: Medior Monitoring & Evaluation Expert
MDF West Africa is looking to recruit entrepreneurial professionals for our Enterprising Partnerships Team (EPT). We develop commercial solutions with impact in sectors such as Agriculture, Fintech, and Education; and develop and run support programs for organizations with the same aim.
Examples of this are the management of the Ghana Innovation Hub and its programs for start-ups and SMEs, our Joint Venture for compost and gas production from biowaste, the development of mobile learning apps, the developing of a payment platform for financial inclusion, and the developing of investment opportunities for ‘missing middle entrepreneurs.
We are looking for experts who can proactively support such efforts, including scouting partner opportunities, networking, and writing (investment) proposals.
MAIN TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Acquisition of Assignments
- Assist in the identification, follow-up, and responses to training & consultancy opportunities with clients in the West African region.
- Assist in the analysis and understanding of client requests for services based on available terms of reference/request for proposal and/or direct contact via phone, intake meetings (visits), and or email.
- Provide assistance to the proposal writing process led by a Senior Expert and together with selected team members.
Execution of Assignments
- Provide assistance in the execution of consultancy assignments in the area of training, planning, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Undertake literature review and other data and information gathering as may be required by consultancy assignments and other MDF tasks.
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of MDFWA enterprise development.
- Assist in maintaining a database of stakeholder contacts for purposes of acquisition and execution of assignments.
- Assist in the report writing process required under consultancy assignments.
Required Skills or Experience
Technical Competencies and Professional Experiences
- Experience working in projects and program teams providing services to clients.
- Experience working in single and/or multi-country program external evaluation assignments applying quantitative and qualitative methodologies such as outcome mapping, outcome harvesting, contribution analysis, and quasi-experimental studies applying sampling techniques and using among others difference-in-difference methods.
- Experience in assisting organizations or programs in the design and management of monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks, and plans including the development of data collection, analysis, and reporting tools and templates.
- Experience in online data collection and analysis using digital technologies such as Kobo Collect, Survey Monkey, Akvo FLOW, and Ona among others.
- Strong data collection and processing skills i.e. data gathering via interviews, focus-group discussions, checklists, and analyzing situations, documents, and data sheets.
- Experience in quantitative data analysis using Excel, SPSS, Nvivo, MaxQData, and other data analysis software.
- Ability to write strong proposals and reports i.e. clear, to-the-point, high analytical level, in-depth, proper English (or French), in time, understanding client needs.
- Previous consultancy and advisory expertise, individually or as part of an organization/firm.
- Strong participatory facilitation and presentation skills/expertise. Comfortable standing in front of and guiding a group (4-25 people) with an international character.
- At least 7 years of working experience in international development programs/projects, of which a minimum of 3 years as an evaluator.
- Ability to handle administrative, modern communication, and knowledge management technologies – Office 365 package, Adobe, PiktoChart, online data collection tools, and more.
- Education level: Master’s degree or equivalent in (international) business management, social studies, international development and or relations, international trade, etc.
- Excellent ability in speaking and writing in English on a professional level. Knowledge of the French language will be an asset.
- Service- and client-oriented.
- Independent worker, pro-active/take initiative, business-driven, professional attitude
- Team player, flexible, goes the extra mile, not a 9 to 5 mentality.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) on regional and international levels via email, phone, and face-to-face i.e. respectful, business-oriented, broad vocabulary, understanding of culture, and customs.
- Practise transparency in dealing with colleagues and clients.
- Can deal with productivity and turnover targets.
- Committed to continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Interest in management for development.
How To Apply
- The position will be full-time (40-hour work week)
- Submit your application to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected], using the Subject: Application Monitoring and Evaluation Expert
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
Before the 30th of September 2022 (11:59 PM GMT). Applications that are not in before this time will not be entertained.
- A cover letter (2-page maximum), outlining your interest, motivation, and qualifications for the position;
- Your CV (including two professional references); and
- A sample of relevant work.
- An assessment and reference check will be part of the application procedure.
There are no relocation funds available.
- ECOWAS nationals are encouraged to apply.
- MDF is an equal opportunity employer and our hiring policy is based on merits and qualifications. We encourage qualified women and men to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED WITHIN THE SELECTION AND INTERVIEW PERIOD THAT ENDS ON THE 14TH OF OCTOBER 2022.
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job OpportunityAll Posts
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED