Effective with the release of this position announcement, WEC is seeking applicants for the position of a Mechanical Fitter to be based in its Project Site in Ahafo.
The Mechanical Fitter reports to the Mechanical Supervisor on the project.
Direct Reports: None
A Mechanical Fitter is responsible for installation of mechanical fittings and trouble shooting.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Timely completion of all fitting jobs without injuries and errors.
- Effectively maintain all required safety and quality standards.
Working Environment/Exposure to Risk
- This job typically requires moderate to heavy labour and includes, but is not limited to, climbing stairs and structures,
- Carrying and lifting tools and material by hand,
- Working at heights over 6 feet above ground level
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Identification and use of hand tools, lubricants, and cleaning/solvents applicable to the trade
- Install and align V-belts, chains, gears and couplings
- Install the following locking devices; Lock nuts, locking plates, split pins, taper pins, dowels and wire method.
- Identify various types of couplings
- Report equipment condition periodically in order to plan and schedule maintenance and repairs.
- Remove any parts that cannot be pressurized
- Fitter must walk the line to check what is needed to complete the hydro – testing, such as additional bolts etc.
- Prepare the line for hydro – testing
- Fill the line with required spec, either pneumatic or hydro
- Pressurise the line
- Walk the line to check for leaks
- Remove bearing from shaft using bearing puller or hand operated press
- Cleaning of base where equipment must be installed
- Receive isometric drawing
- Check required elevation of equipment
- Check for elevation using a dumpy level
- Install packers to required elevation
- Check packers with dumpy level
- Lowering of equipment into position
- Experience working on the following pumps: Vertical spindle, Centrifugal, positive displacement, slurry, submersible
- Install flexible and fixed hydraulic piping, hoses and fittings
- Installation of mechanical equipment
- Install hydraulic/pneumatic equipment and cylinders
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- Comply with site, Company safety rules, regulations and procedures
- Demonstrate consistent application of internal procedures
- Escalate identified problems to relevant manager
- Promote harmony and teamwork
- Promote sharing of knowledge through informal and formal channels
- Apply knowledge of the organisational systems, structures, policies and procedures to achieve strategic objectives
- Plan and prioritise, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands
- Communicate effectively, maintaining relationships
- Internal: Project and Construction Managers.
- External: Clients Representative from Newmont Ghana and DRA.
Judgement and Complexity
Judgement of the jobholder is highly required in the following:
- Being safety conscious in executing the job
Responsibility for Assets
- Tools and equipment under his/her care
Level of Authority
- The jobholder’s authority is limited to making recommendations and seeking approval
- Educational & Professional Qualification:
- Trade Certification in Mechanical Engineering or any other Technical discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education as specified below.
- NVTI, City and Guilds, MET I, MET II, MET III, or HND
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role within the construction or mining industry or any other heavy industrial projects.
- Experience in the use of condition monitoring techniques is desired.
- Skills Required:
- Ability to read and write and to keep job records
- Be able to read isometric and mechanical drawings
- Be able to work to measurement and orientation tolerance
- Sound knowledge of basic hand tools
- Good Spoken and written English language skills.
- Ability to work safely with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of levelling and alignment tools
- Be able to identify different fittings and pipes
- Good numerical reasoning
- Sound knowledge of pneumatic and hydro-testing
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Sound knowledge of company policies and procedures including relevant reporting and administration procedures
- Sound understanding of Company values
- Must be a team player
- Expressed and implied ethical responsibilities and values
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may apply for this job by submitting their application and CV with three references to the address below not later than 15th July, 2020, indicating “Mechanical Fitter” in the subject line. WEC would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest but only shortlisted candidates who meet our requisite criteria and are shortlisted will be contacted. EOE/AA.
NOTE: To ensure that an applicant is a native of the local community, all local applications must be supported by the initial confirmation of citizenship, ENDORSED by the Chief, a nominated Assembly Person and the Youth Leader of the applicant’s community, and must be delivered to the Newmont Community Information Office or Newmont Security gate at Plant Site not later than the stated date
The Human Resources Representative
Wayoe Engineering and Construction Limited
C/O HR Department
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED