AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as :
- Review, approve, and sign-off the detailed execution plan and schedule, infrastructure detailed design requirements, detailed testing plans, operational commissioning plans, handover plans, training plans, manuals, records, drawings, specifications, and documents issued.
- Deliver infrastructure requirements consistent with the procurement and contracting strategy, which addresses the construction time, cost, and quality risks.
- Lead a team of design engineers to specify, design, analyze and verify new components and systems.
- Ensure cost impacts in the area of accountability are evaluated, approved and the budget is revised
- Review the application of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction and mining workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Oversee all relevant inspections and testing procedures to ensure quality and/or performance is in line with specifications, designs, and requirements.
- Review and provide feedback regarding contractor’s progress claims and invoice.
- Establish the necessary Backfill Engineering processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, including Operational Readiness
- Provide unequivocal Backfill Engineering planning data to enable the monthly updates of the rolling quarterly plan to be produced on time.
- Develop the quarterly Backfill Engineering cost center budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual business plans
- Deliver the work of the Backfill Engineering function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs, and related KPIs
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Backfill Engineering department regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Prepare Concrete cubes Test Reports including registers and graphs
- Record daily concrete test, weather, and cube bath temperature.
- Sample, prepare and test Concrete Cubes including Slumps
- Prepare grading analysis for the aggregates. (Sand and Stones)
- Label cubes for correct identification and samples traceability
- Report and give detail information of all materials used for testing
- Establish the necessary foundation for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, and be operationally ready
- Provide unequivocal Geotechnical planning data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 12-month plan to be produced on time.
- Develop and submit the annual cost center budget to achieve the required targets for approved Geotechnical Outputs
- Assist in responding to all emergency operations on both surface and underground at all times.
- Assist in conducting planned inspection & audits using checklist periodically, aimed at evaluating compliance with standards and checking the state of all escape routes and refuge chambers.
- Assist in conducting planned inspections and audits on all firefighting and fire detection appliances on both surface and underground. The inspections shall cover portable fire extinguishers, automatic fire suppression systems, Hose reels, smoke detectors, and fire alarms or sirens.
- Participate in all training sessions and emergency drills.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should click on any of the positions above to read more and apply.
CLOSING DATE: February 11, 2022.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED