MARINE ENGINEER OFFICER – UK ROYAL ARMY
What you’ll do
Everyone looks to the Engineering Technicians to keep the ship moving. The Engineering Technicians look to you. Being a Marine Engineer Officer means leading the day-to-day maintenance of our most cutting-edge kit.
Without you, vital operations wouldn’t happen. You’ll report directly to the Commanding Officer when there’s a problem, and be relied upon to make key decisions when it matters most.
- Lead and manage a team of specialist Engineering Technicians who will rely on your support, guidance, advice and understanding.
- Solve complex problems using the most sophisticated equipment on the planet. You might need to work alone, or rely on the expertise of your team.
- Keep our kit functioning correctly. You might be ensuring the hull, engines and power generation of the new Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carrier are up to scratch. Or overseeing work on the water, cooling and hydraulics systems of a Type 45 Destroyer.
- Look after the welfare, morale, training and development of a team of skilled men and women, using your expertise to make decisions about complex engineering problems quickly while under pressure.
Pay and benefits
- A starting salary of over £27,000, rising to around £33,000 after just two years.
- An excellent non-contributory pension scheme – we pay into it for you, so you don’t have to sacrifice any salary.
- A £27,000 joining bonus.
- Six weeks of paid holiday every year
- Additional pay for each day spent at sea.
- Amazing opportunities, including world travel and adventurous training for two weeks every year.
- Forces Help to Buy scheme – a 0% loan to get you on, or further up, the housing ladder.
- Subsidised travel, accommodation and food.
- Handy discounts with lots of top brands, from Marriott hotels to Audi cars and high street stores.
- You’ll need to be aged 18 to 39
- All Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) degrees with be considered
- You’ll need a minimum of 96 UCAS points (or Scottish equivalent). At least 64 points should be in maths and an engineering-based science. These can be accrued from either GCE A/AS levels (or equivalent) or National Diplomas (e.g., BTEC).
- You’ll need at least 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C (9-4) (or Scottish equivalent), which must include English and Mathematics
- A National of the United Kingdom, a Commonwealth citizen or Dual National
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) between 18 and 28 (between 17 and 27 if under 18)
- Pass the Naval Swimming Test
Skills and interests
- An ability to thrive on responsibility and lead from the front
- Confidence making key decisions in high-pressure situations
- A passion for cutting-edge engineering
- An aptitude for solving problems
HOW TO APPLY FOR MARINE ENGINEER OFFICER – UK ROYAL ARMY
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- UK JOBS: RECEPTIONIST PAID $29.8K A YEAR AND OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATOR PAID $57.5K
- WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT JOBS IN THE UK PAYING £24K – £30K PER ANNUM
- KITCHEN HELPER JOB PAID $15 PER HOUR IN ALBERTA
- WAITER/WAITRESS JOB PAID $19 PER HOUR IN ALBERTA
- HIGH DEMAND JOBS IN LONDON
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED