Marie Stopes Ghana New Job Vacancy
MSI Ghana, founded in 2006, is an affiliate of MSI Reproductive Choices and one of Ghana’s leading specialist Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) organizations. MSI Ghana works in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Child Care to provide quality and affordable general health and SRH services in all areas of Ghana.
MSI Ghana is looking for passionate, well-organized, client-oriented, and enthusiastic employees in Accra with the required qualification/s and experience. Also, MSI Ghana’s mission is to help the underserved and provide access to Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. MSI Reproductive Choices is unequivocally pro-choice. We think that every woman has the right to make her own decisions about her body and her future.
Contract duration: indefinite
The Diagnostic Sonographer will be in charge of delivering high-quality core MSIG lab services in the assigned center of excellence. The following roles and responsibilities are subject to change as center activities evolve and increase over time.
Collaboration and Networking
- To increase demand for MSIG services, encourage a dedication to accommodating clients’ particular needs such as flexible working hours, stringent privacy, and secrecy.
- Participate in public relations and promotion with coworkers.
- Compile and submit incident reports to the Centre Manager on time.
- Monitor monthly ultrasound results and make necessary recommendations to reach defined targets in agreement with the Centre Manager.
Diagnostic Sonographer Responsibilities
- Perform basic ultrasounds (2D and Doppler) of obstetric and gynecological, abdominal ultrasound, and other indications (e.g., breast US) with competency.
- Inform patients and acquire informed permission to prepare them for examinations.
- At all times, maintain the patient’s comfort, safety, and privacy.
- Choose the best photographs to include in the patient’s report, taking into account the variations between pathological and healthy areas.
- Maintain sufficient supply management and record keeping for consumables (for example, US gel).
- Maintain proper Ultrasound equipment maintenance, investigate and resolve equipment faults, and/or request repairs as needed.
- Keep a record of everything, and prepare and send periodic reports to his/her direct supervisor.
- Interact with government agencies, professional groups, and MSI staff to verify that the center meets National and MSI Standards.
- Follow job-specific safety policies, identify potential problems, and put preventative measures in place.
- Perform ethical and legal responsibilities such as obtaining written consent, preparing incident reports, and reporting signs of neglect or abuse.
- Take MSI infection prevention precautions.
- Keep workstations, spaces, and equipment clean and in order.
- Follow MSI guidelines to ensure patient confidentiality and privacy.
- To provide client satisfaction at all times, promote and maintain a welcoming, courteous, professional, and efficient environment for all clients in the center.
Administration and communication
- Maintain and manage a record of all ultrasound activities.
- Make certain that formal communications with various health partners are appropriately documented.
- Make effective use of MSI’s available information systems to facilitate service delivery and training.
- All MSIG resources and properties in the scan center must be managed and appropriately accounted for.
Required Qualifications or Experience
- A validated clinical qualification in Diagnostic Sonography is required.
- Must be in good standing and registered with a recognized certification local clinical professional body in Ghana.
- Must have the necessary experience to work with minimal supervision.
- At least three years of post-graduate experience in a sonography role is required.
- Excellent provider-client interaction skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Work experience with the Ghana Health Service and/or an INGO is preferred.
- Articulate and analytical, with a keen eye for detail
- Understanding of Ghana’s healthcare delivery systems
- Women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health Services are sympathized with.
- Be able to work independently and for extended amounts of time.
- Customer-oriented with strong interpersonal skills to interact with people at all levels of government, donors, and communities
- Team player, self-motivator, and capable of motivating others to accomplish outcomes in maternal health.
How to Apply for this Marie Stopes Ghana Job Vacancy
Please submit your application by completing the online form linked below.
Deadline: The submission date is October 24, 2023, at the close of business.
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED