Marie Stopes Ghana (MSG) Latest Job Posting
Job Title: Chief Of Party
About the company
Marie Stopes Ghana (MSG) was founded in 2006. It is part of MSI Reproductive Choices and is one of the largest organizations in Ghana that focuses on Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH). MSG works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care to make sure that all of Ghana’s provinces have access to high-quality, low-cost general health and SRH services.
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG) is a non-profit organization that focuses on getting results and offers services for family planning, sexual and reproductive health (SRH). The goal of MSIG is to meet the needs of Ghanaians who aren’t getting enough care and to make it much easier for them to get and use family planning and other reproductive health services.
MSG is looking for qualified people to work on a family planning project in Ghana that will be funded by USAID for the next five years. The goal of the activity is to help cut down on maternal deaths and illnesses by giving more poor and underserved people in Ghana access to comprehensive, voluntary family planning (FP) services. MSG is looking for a great person to be the Chief of Party.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be in charge of the project’s technical direction and management. The COP will be in charge of managing and running the project as a whole. They will work closely with the Country Director, who will be the main point of contact with USAID. The COP will be in charge of all of the Recipient’s technical and management needs and will represent the Recipient to USAID/Ghana, the Ghanaian government, other donors, technical agencies, and other key stakeholders, as needed.
- Give staff and the whole project team, which includes staff, consultants, and partner organizations, overall leadership, strategic guidance, a vision, and management.
- Provide technical and administrative leadership to the team that is putting the project into action. This includes making strategies, budgets, work plans, MEL plans, and reports.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the project with USAID, other implementing partners, the government of Ghana, and other stakeholders; make sure that the project works well with other programs and stakeholders when necessary.
- Making sure that the interventions are technically sound and fit with the project’s goals.
- Leading and managing the professional development of staff to build their skills and increase their capacity.
- managing money and making sure the budget is followed.
- Identifying areas of risk quickly and working to lessen their effects by putting in place systems that try to cut down on fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Taking on any other tasks and responsibilities that are related and are given to them.
Skills or Experience Needed
To do well in this job, you need to:
- Either a degree in medicine or nursing, plus an advanced degree in public health, social sciences, international development, or a related field.
- Family Planning service providers with clinical experience.
- Ten (10) years of experience as a senior manager leading the design, implementation, and management of complex public health projects in Family Planning with a budget of $5 million or more, preferably in Ghana, with at least 5 years as a Chief of Party, Deputy
- Chief of Party, Project Director, or a similar high-level executive position.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience building and maintaining productive working relationships with a wide network of institutional partners and stakeholders, including high-level host country governments (like the government of Ghana) and international agencies.
- Has a track record of building teams and getting people to work together to reach goals, meet milestones, and make good things happen.
- Shown knowledge of USAID systems and procedures related to project design and implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation, and financial management and reporting.
at least one of Ghana’s local languages well.
- Excellent English written and spoken communication skills.
How to Apply for this Marie Stopes Ghana (MSG) Latest Job Posting
Closing Date: 31st July 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED