Manager, Payments at MTN Ghana
The purpose of this role is to harness all payment services within the MFS space under one unit. This includes but not limited to General Payments, Bulk Payments, Bill payment, MoMo-Biz, Digital Payments (NFC / QR Code), MoMo Pay, School Fees and future services related to payments. The role is expected to drive and develop robust strategies to grow all payment services lines both in value (revenue) and volumes (clients base). And oversee the two main payment segments; MoMo Business for corporate, government and high value SMEs, and MoMo Pay for mid-low SMEs and SOHO (Small/Home office).
- Lead the development of the payment services strategy in line with overarching divisional goals with emphasis on client experience to deliver growth of merchant ecosystem and mobile payment usages.
- Support the Senior Manager (SM) to ensure effective implementation of payment strategy by means of providing direction, structure, business plans and support within the unit.
- Manage the end-to-end products, services, payment solutions – ideation, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of all new products,
- Develop and implement plans to drive payment adoption and growth, including B2B business solutions (corporate, government, SMEs & SOHO), loyalty schemes, proven used cases.
- Develop segmented value propositions to grow payment services for both digital and physical merchants.
- Ensure all new launches for both customers and merchants have a strong value proposition, business cases (where applicable) and Go to Market (GTM) strategies to deliver the desired outcome/KPIs.
- Prioritize payment solutions that deliver the best user experience and value to every key stakeholder of the payment ecosystem.
- Support the SM and sales team to manage negotiations, close deals, and sell additional services to merchants.
- Leverage on analytics, mobile data, and mobile advertising to develop fit for purpose payment solutions.
- Ensure market leadership in merchant payments and facilitate the implementation of payment solutions – merchant ID & QR codes etc.
- Work closely with the other teams within MFS and support functions to optimize the revenue generation opportunity generally and through partnerships in relevant channels.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of high-quality relationships with all target stakeholders, – customers, suppliers, partners etc.
- Review and identify key risks, issues, and dependencies and set mitigation actions.
- Manage and ensure compliance, contracts, SLA, and audit issues are adhered to as well as budgeting and forecasting to ensure efficiency and ROI.
- Address other tasks and duties, as assigned by line manager.
Qualification Required & Experience
- A University Degree in a relevant field – Marketing, Sales & Distribution, and Product Management
- A Professional qualification in a related field is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years in the commercial space with at least 3 years in a supervisory role
- Experience in merchant acquisition, loyalty, and online payment platforms
- Good understanding of mobile payments business process and technology
- Analysis and Evaluation
- Investigative and Reporting
- Complex Problem-Solving
- Financial and Commercial acumen
- Social Perceptiveness
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Intelligence Gathering
Physical Skills/ Competencies:
- Ability to manage own time and workload and juggle conflicting priorities
- Demonstrate evidence of influencing and coaching skills
- Professional approach with a can do attitude
- Courage Skills- Manages self and team performance, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability
- Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
- Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
- Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
- Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
- Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation skills, commitment to the organization
- Strategic Skills – Global thinker, Analytical thinking, and Problem-solving abilities.
- Influencing Skills
- Negotiation skills
How to Apply for Manager, Payments at MTN Ghana
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 8th June 2022 to: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the Position (exact role you are applying for) in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 08 June, 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED