- Location: Accra, Ghana
- Residential Position
- Employment Type: Permanent
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognized independent oil and gas company focused on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licenses across 15 countries.
Tullow Oil is looking to appoint a Major Works Planner on a permanent basis. The position will be based in our Accra office, Ghana. This is a senior position in the organization to ensure non-routine value-adding activities are planned appropriately and generate the maximum value for JV Partners.
The Major Works Planner will report to the Integrated Activities Planning Manager and is expected to interface with key internal/external stakeholders in delivering the asset plans.
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities include:
- Develop and issue plans and updates of annual and strategic plans involving non-routine activities including campaigns and shutdowns if applicable.
- Ensures workstream owners planning assumptions are appropriate and constraints are understood.
- Responsible for managing interfaces between workstream/ activity owners.
- Ensures engineering fabrication Integration and commissioning deliverables are available to meet planning assumptions and expectations including materials and procurements.
- Develops planning scenario assessments to input into asset decision making including probabilistic analysis.
- Develop planned S curves and report progress for non-routine activities and campaigns including earned value and non-productive data.
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports for major works activities including deviation from plan assessment, forecast estimation, and performance against agreed KPI’s.
- Provides input to functional and readiness reviews as required especially prior to commencement of new campaign activities.
- Ensures engineering, construction and other support contractors have robust plans to support asset expectations.
- Ensures work schedule risks are incorporated into the TEN and KNK risk register with appropriate mitigation plans for approval.
- Ensures planning activities are aligned to annual budget WBS and any deviations flagged early as part of the change process.
- Ensures execution team understands planning activities and performance expectations.
- Attends and provides input to planning meetings and ensures interfaces with suppliers and vendors and contractors is managed effectively.
- Ensure the interface between Primavera and Maximo functions effectively.
- Ensure interface with MOC coordination for planning matters
- Complete and report activity close out reports and incorporate learnings into improvement plans.
- Complies with the Tullow Code of Business Conduct and Ethics policies.
- Extensive experience in a similar role in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Applied experience in planning and scheduling using the Primavera tool and integration into the Maximo maintenance management system.
- Have good knowledge of the oil and gas production process and the facilities.
- Ideally, have experience in FPSO operations and associated capital projects.
- Experience in managing projects and work campaign plans.
- Knowledge of Safety and Operations Management System expectations.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, effectively manage change and provide operational discipline.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s the degree / or equivalent tertiary qualification in Engineering or Planning or related discipline
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
- A performance-driven culture that generates results.
- A commitment to your personal and professional development.
- A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
- A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities.
- Recognition and reward for your performance.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: ONGOING
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial, and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network.
We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives, and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED