- Company: Voltic Ghana Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
An exciting job offer exists in Voltic (GH) Limited for a Maintenance Controller. Voltic (GH) Limited has been known for manufacturing of the leading premium water brand in Ghana for over two decades. Currently, Voltic (GH) Limited has expanded its portfolio to cover alcoholic beverages, carbonated soft drinks, Juices and Value-Added Dairies. This role reports to the Unit Manger- Manufacturing in the Manufacturing Function. The job incumbent is to ensure that the line is always available for production and then produces at the rated speed and perfect quality with minimal waste through optimum maintenance execution.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
perfect qu Asset Care
• Partake in the development of the asset care plan for the packaging plant, contributing suggestions and providing expert advice.
• Support the implementation of the asset care plan for the Packaging plant, ensuring the MAS’s, PA’s and operational teams have the required technical competencies to execute the plan
• Ensure that asset care competencies are developed in the Packaging Engineering team. Where training needs have been identified, ensure these are addressed.
• Ensure that asset care goals are incorporated into the MAS’s team and individual goals
• Support the implementation of the Predictive Maintenance Strategy, including the Condition Monitoring program
• Where required, participate in the OEM SPP (Supplier Partnering Programme) meetings
• Is the custodian of and ensure Engineering Change Management Procedure adherence
• Is accountable for the execution of the technical gap plan for the plant
• Ensure audit compliance to the asset care program
• Exercise budgetary controls over the asset care requirements e.g. spares
• Support the development of the maintenance budget for the plant
2. Plant Reliability
• Responsible for the reliability and uptime of Packaging plant.
• Ensure the execution of maintenance / extended maintenance work
• Lead the Packaging Engineering team in the provision of asset care and engineering support to the shift based production teams.
• Support packaging performance improvement by conducting and leading performance optimisation initiatives.
• Ensure that predictive maintenance techniques are implemented correctly.
• Ensure spares needed to support asset management program are available on time and within costs
• Verify that the technical teams are carrying out routine and planned maintenance, and validates quality of work.
• Ensure compliance to maintenance planning and execution of maintenance outage
• Ensure that Maintenance packages are updated and effective and that all Engineering changes are executed
• Confirms that spares and special tools are available
• Coordinate and control MAS’s availability for the maintenance day.
• Review plant reliability to ensure equipment is operating optimally and to identify problems or opportunities timeously.
• Take part in maintenance problem solving, and ensure that the Packaging Engineering team is applying the correct problem solving techniques.
• Ensure that Technical gaps are closed within budget
• Develop and control maintenance cost plans and CAPEX
3. Plant Optimisation
• Evaluate impact of new plant and equipment, and recommend changes.
• Have a working understanding of plant operation and associated Work Instructions and/or procedures.
• Analyse plant failure modes and investigate causes for repeat failures to identify and correct root causes.
• Take part in evaluating continuous improvement opportunities identified by the production teams or engineering support.
• Ensure that continuous improvement is built into the MAS’s team goals, and forms part of regular goal review sessions.
4. Team Leadership and Management
• Lead the MAS’s team in a manner that engenders ownership, empowerment and team interaction.
• Lead the development of MAS’s team goals and ensure these are communicated and understood by team members.
• Entrench a high performance culture by conducting regular Packaging Engineering team goal review sessions, one-on-one’s and performance reviews.
• Ensure training need analysis are conducted and training plans developed for team members.
• Ensure appropriate competencies are developed in the team, and ensure multi-skilling occurs within the Packaging team. (this includes evaluation of workmanship of teams)
• Manage Contracted-out maintenance services by ensuring that the service supplied is in strict accordance with supply scheme contract and that of service and product reliability, quality, cost and the service providers own employee behaviour is acceptable while on site
Skills, Experience & Education
- Minimum requirement: Minimum N6 electrical with instrumentation
- Added advantage: 4 year tertiary engineering qualification
- Finance/Budget controlling
- Result and Execution Driven
- Resilient and energetic
- Customer focused
- Ability to implement effective problem solving.
- Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Enquiring and analytical thinking ability.
- A self-starter with high energy and a bias for action.
- In-depth knowledge of the Processing, Utilities and Packaging process.
- Ability to effectively manage vendors.
- Ability to implement MES & MIS application systems
- Ability to effectively manage vendors.
ality with minimal waste through optimum maintenance
Method of Application
Closing Date : 4 Sept, 2020
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED