- Company: Maersk Drilling
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Ghana
With more than 45 years of experience operating in the most challenging offshore environments, Maersk Drilling (CSE:DRLCO) provides responsible drilling services to energy companies worldwide.
Maersk Drilling owns and operates a fleet of 22 offshore drilling rigs and specializes in challenging environment and deep-water operations.
Headquartered in Denmark, Maersk Drilling employs around 2,400 people. For more information about Maersk Drilling, visit www.maerskdrilling.com.
Maersk Drilling’s values drive our culture and the way we do business. You will be part of a truly international company with our employees representing 59 nationalities.
In Maersk Drilling we are transforming or business, which is why the ideal candidate contributes to and supports our cultural change.
Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand-in-hand with a commitment to inclusion and equity:
All employees are valued and treated with respect and given access to development on the job in a team-oriented environment. We engage in continuous conversations on engagement, contributions, and development to help our employees thrive and grow across the entire organization.
About the role
- You will report to the Vice President of Commercial within the International Division of Maersk Drilling.
- As the Commercial Manager of Africa, you will be the overall responsible for leading the commercial strategy for the region to secure new contracts for our offshore assets, increase revenue and profit margin, and sell our business models / services.
- Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to, building the regional sales pipeline, developing and maintaining an intimate knowledge of key markets including supply/demand dynamics and trends, competitor and customer positioning, fostering relationships with senior level stakeholders within customer and government organizations, establish and maintain joint venture partnerships, and lead contract negotiations worth 25 – 400 million USD.
- This role presents get a great opportunity to have a career in an international company that values employees and empowers you to have a tangible impact on the financial results of our business!
You will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, examples include:
- Responsible for developing and executing Maersk Drilling´s sales & business development strategy in the region
- Commercially responsible for any negotiations (disputes or new contracts) in the region
- Overall responsible for all interactions and relationship development with customers or stakeholders (executives, regulators brokers, vendors, joint venture partners) in the region
- Accountable for constructing business case recommendations for bidding and negotiation strategy – deliver sound business justifications for market plays
- Responsible for obtaining market insight
We are looking for
The ideal candidate is someone who can cross off most of the following:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Business or Engineering
- Relevant experience within the offshore industry
- English proficiency written and verbal
- Excellent judgment, mature personality, and experience working with executives; a sophisticated and well-connected, worldly business-person
- You understand financial drivers and constellations and you have strong analytical skills and the ability to extract, compile and analyze data, and strategic thinker
- Curious by nature and gets motivated by expanding your capabilities
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to influence without authority, polished in stakeholder management
- Cultural awareness and tolerance
- Strong verbal and written communication, diplomacy skills, and persuades – using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others
- A self-starter who can work autonomously with a demonstrated desire to achieve goals and as well as a collaborative personality who effectively works with teams and individuals to achieve organizational business outcomes
- Understands the key components of a Contract – risk structure and compensation mechanisms
- Proactively driving for new business opportunities, client relationship development, as well as managing, leveraging, and maximizing opportunities within existing clients across multiple African countries
- Ability to travel in Africa and Europe between 25% – 50% of the time, sometimes including overnight and weekend to support business needs as required
- Understands how to effectively manage Work/Life Balance with little to no oversight: Willingness to work various hours – occasionally late night and weekends to address business needs as required
- Depending on the candidate the role could be based out of Africa (Ghana) or Copenhagen, Denmark.
Closing Date : 29 July. 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED