ABOUT THE LUMINOS FUND
The Luminos Fund (www.luminosfund.org) believes that no child should be denied the chance to learn. Launched in 2016, Luminos is scaling up Second Chance: an accelerated learning program that enables children who have been kept out of school by crisis or poverty to catch up to grade level and return to learning – all in 10 months.
A registered 501(c)(3) non-profit, we operate programs in Ethiopia, Liberia, Lebanon, and Ghana. To date, we have helped over 152,000 children secure a second chance to learn.
As school reopens across the globe following the COVID-19 pandemic, Luminos is rising to meet the moment – launching new country programs and developing new ways of delivering at scale. The Luminos Fund is launching a pilot program in Ghana in March 2022.
The program will build on the efforts of Ghana’s Ministry of Education to scale Complementary Basic Education, the country’s national accelerated learning program. The pilot program will be aligned with the National Education Sector Plan 2018-2030 and ongoing back-to-school initiatives in the country, with a view to improving equitable access to quality education for all children, including the most marginalized.
Luminos is supported by premier philanthropic organizations, including UBS Optimus Foundation, Dubai Cares, Cartier Philanthropy, Legatum, and a community of high-net-worth individuals. Luminos has been recognized for its achievements globally, receiving the Library of Congress International Literacy Award, the Lipman Family Prize, the WISE Award, and the HundrED Global Innovation Award for the last five years.
POSITION: Program Coordinator
The Luminos Fund, an international non-profit bringing education opportunities to the world’s most vulnerable children, seeks a Program Coordinator to contribute to its rapid growth and expansion. The Program Coordinator will support smooth program implementation, oversee day-to-day office operations, and manage and analyze program data.
Ideal candidates have accomplished professionals with a background in program and operations management. Experience working on education programs in Ghana is desirable. A passion for driving transformative results for children is essential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Set-Up, Implementation, and Management
- Monitor program delivery, including regular contact with partner organizations via telephone and in person.
- Review regular reports submitted by partner organizations, ensuring program objectives are met.
- Compile and share regular program progress reports.
- Communicate programming challenges and successes to the Luminos program team.
- Provide coordination and logistical support for all aspects of our program delivery.
- Support the delivery of auxiliary interventions such as parental engagement, reading initiatives, and transition school follow-up to improve student enrollment and sustain formal school attendance.
Data Management & Analysis
- Collaborate with the Luminos program team and partner organizations to drive smooth data collection and ensure data integrity.
- Execute data cleaning and processing.
- Maintain the Ghana data dashboard to support efficient program management.
- Analyze program-related data to drive results and support effective and transparent governance of the organization.
- In conjunction with the Communications team, extract impact narratives from the data which are of interest to governments and funding partners.
- Benchmark Luminos program data against other international standards to identify areas of improvement and refinement.
Operational & Financial Management
- Ensure legal, HR, and financial compliance of Luminos Fund operations in Ghana, including in-country registration, accreditation, annual audit, and tax compliance.
- Maintain corporate registrations, designations, and licenses with the applicable national and regional agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Business, or a related field is preferred.
- 2+ years program management experience with increasing levels of responsibility, across the business or non-profit sectors in cross-cultural contexts.
- Strong skills in Excel are essential. Knowledge of other data management and analysis tools (e.g., SQL, R, STATA) is desirable.
- Ability to speak and write English and Asante Twi fluently.
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization is not required, but a commitment to master the technical details of international education is.
- Experience in a startup environment, and building something from nothing, is strongly desired.
- Belief and demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and values of the Luminos Fund.
- Impeccable integrity, professionalism, and a solutions-oriented, can-do attitude.
- An innate sense of responsibility for the delivery of quality work, even in adverse circumstances.
- Team player, with a belief in the power of positivity and appreciative inquiry.
- Natural curiosity and hunger for continuous learning and improvement.
- Affinity for technology and a love of data.
- Believe that success lies in the details.
- Readiness to problem-solve creatively on a myriad of fronts and go above and beyond to deliver outsized success.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: February 18, 2022
The Luminos Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED