The logistics supervisor will oversee the movement of goods and the management of transport, plants, and equipment
- Manage daily routes/schedules of shipments and deliveries.
- Plan shipping for stocks in and out of stores
- Regular monitoring of all requests made through the procurement department.
- Track the progress of shipments
- Coordinate the activities between the stores and the projects
- Supervise the movement of vehicles, Plant & equipment
- Coordinate the reorder level and storage of fuel for all equipment.
- Arrangement of truck for delivery.
- Supervision of driver and operations
- Schedules for proper rotation for drivers and operators during shift works
- Develop new strategies to streamline processes and reduce cost with regards to third party logistics
- Coordinate maintenance of vehicles and equipment with the stores and maintenance department
- Coordinate Ghana Free zones policies with suppliers, freight forwarders, and customers(export) throughout the delivery.
- Expedite the movement of goods from international market, through the local clearing process to delivery of goods in collaboration with the buyers.
- Report on fuel consumption and performance on maintenance for equipment and transports(vehicles)
- Coordinate transborder documentation regarding exportation and re-importation of Plant, Equipment, Goods and Materials via Road, Air, or Sea.
Educational & Professional Qualification:
- First degree in Logistics and Supply Chain, professional qualification, CILT will be an added advantage.
- Material Management
- Full MS Office Package at minimum intermediate level
- Demonstrated experience of working in a similar role at a comparable level in a company
- At least five (5) years extensive work experience within the mining, construction, and a heavy lifting industry
Technical Skills Required:
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, logistics and inventory management, commercial understanding and total cost management
- Team management dynamics
- Experience of change management in complex multi-business unit environments
- Sophisticated knowledge in transport and fleet management.
- Advanced knowledge in customs process and requirement in clearing and exporting goods
Managerial And Other Skills Required:
- Keen attention to details.
- Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure/delays impact on demand on client/companies request fulfilment.
- Able to work well under pressure and handle emergency and stressful situations
- Able to build and maintain effective and productive work relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers
- Able to manage time effectively, priorities tasks and achieve set targets.
- Analytical, numerically astute and with strong demonstrated problem-solving abilities
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE : ONGOING
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED