LIST OF ANIMALS THAT ARE EATEN ALIVE BY CHINESE (TOP 5)
Eating live animals is a traditional practice in most Asian food cultures. Although it is forbidden in some religions to eat live animals, some consider it a real delicacy as they believe the meat tastes better when still alive.
Some of these dishes are only for the brave, others will demand you to halt your inner cringe-response to eating a living, moving meal.
Some animals that are eaten alive by the Chinese include;
1 . URCHIN
These sea animals may not look appealing or appetizing to eat given their prickly exterior. The edible part of the urchin is on the inside and is cut open using special tools or scissors. Most people prefer to lick them out with their tongues rather than using spoons. Sea urchins are said to be delicious and can be compared to eating too much creme brulee. They are also very expensive.
2 . SHRIMP
China is known for some of its bizarre cuisines and one of such is eating live shrimp popularly known as drunken shrimp. This meal is served with live shrimps in a bowl together with a liquor-based sauce. The alcohol slows down the movement of the shrimps making them intoxicated and then chewed to death. This dish is quite pricey because to serve shrimps that are alive, the chef needs to be very skilled.
3 . FISH or IKIZURUKI
Restaurants in China have large tanks where patrons of their restaurants’ cabs choose the fish they want. The chef then takes the fish and guts it open. Therefore, they take extreme care while preparing the dish.
The chef deeply fries the fish’s body and served it while the head, not fried, is still fresh and moving. It is done quickly so the internal organs can stay active for about 30 minutes. The body is marinated in a sweet and sour sauce.
4 . OYSTERS
Oysters are found all over the world, they are normally eaten alive and are considered to be healthy when eaten raw. They can survive for some time once their shells are opened. They only die when they are separated from their shells that is why they are often sucked out of their shells.
5 . SNAKES
Alive snakes are the specialties of Chinese chefs. The chef cuts the head of the snake and removes the bowels and the snake’s meat is cut and served raw.
Also, for More Interesting Articles, CLICK HERE
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED