LIST OF AFRICAN COUNTRIES WITH TWO OR MORE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS
An international airport is one that has customs and border control facilities that enables one to travel between countries. With an international airport, travelers are able to travel abroad through a direct or connecting flight. The airport can also be used for domestic traveling.
WHAT QUALIFIES AN AIRPORT TO BE INTERNATIONAL?
According to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), an international airport is supposed to have some things in place. They include customs, security checkpoints, and an international terminal.
Also, international airports provide services and amenities like duty-free shops, lounge sections, waiting areas, airline company offices, baby care rooms, prayer rooms, and tourism offices.
AFRICAN COUNTRIES THAT HAVE MORE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS
The African continent has taken major steps in developing its airports to meet the aviation standard of an international airport and to attract global investors. Here are some African countries with two or more international airports.
1 . Firstly, NIGERIA
To begin with, Nigeria has 32 airports, out of this number 26 are run by the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, there are 11 international airports out of which only 5 are operating. These five are the Murtala Mohammed International Airport which is situated in Lagos, Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, located in the capital city of Abuja, and Port Harcourt
2 . Secondly, SOUTH AFRICA
Also, South Africa has over ninety airports operating domestic and international travel. Most of the airports are owned and managed by the Airports Company of South Africa. The country has about 23 International airports. Out of these, the Oliver Tambo International Airport is the main and busiest airport in South Africa.
3 . Thirdly, KENYA
Another African country on the list is Kenya. There are 24 airports in Kenya out of which 5 are international. Some of these international airports are Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Kisumu International Airport, Eldoret International Airport, Moi International Airport, as well as Malindi International Airport.
4 . Also, GHANA
Ghana also has eight airports out of which two are international– the Kotoka international airport which serves a significant number of urban settlers. Also, the Kumasi International Airport serves the people in the Ashanti region.
5 . Lastly, EGYPT
Finally, Egypt has a total of 27 airports in Egypt out of which 13 are international but also run domestic flights. The main airport used by many is the Cairo International Airport.
Also, for More Interesting Articles, CLICK HERE
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED