Legal Officer Needed For Immediate Employment
- Designation: Legal Officer
- Branch: Head office, Accra
- Start date: Immediate
- Expiry date for applications: July 5 2022 (Close of business)
- Working hours: Daily sh00 till 17h00 or as required to fulfil one’s responsibilities.
The Legal Officer will be responsible for assisting the Legal function in giving advice and support on the legal impact of management decisions as well as representing the institution in all litigation matters for and against the institution.
- Firstly, Responsible for analysing the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents.
- Secondly, Responsible for examining legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
- Thirdly, Responsible for gathering evidence to formulate defence or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- Moreover, Responsible for ensuring that court processes are filed and served in a timely manner.
- Furthermore, Responsible for representing the institution in court in all litigation matters.
- Additionally, Responsible for filing all legal documents based on a logical structure and ensuring updates of relevant legal registers.
- More so, Responsible for liaising with external legal counsels and diligently following up on assigned cases. .
- Then, Responsible for giving general legal advice.
- Also, Responsible for drafting and reviewing of agreements.
- Thereafter, Responsible for the preparation of mortgage deeds and discharges of mortgages.
- Besides that, Responsible for conducting searches at Lands Commission and Land Title Registry and communicating results to the appropriate staff.
- Again, Responsible for ensuring that mortgages are fully perfected on time at the Lands Commission and Land Title Registry.
- Afterwards, Responsible for coordinating the acquisition of auctioneers to undertake institutional auctions, in collaboration with the Risk Department.
- After that, Responsible for filing documents at the Register’s General Department and performing general company secretarial duties.
- Last but not least, Responsible for conducting general legal training for staff.
- Finally, Any other responsibility that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Law.
- Qualifying Certificate in Law.
- At least 5(five) years working experience, desirably in a savings and loans institution, bank, or a law firm.
- Should be well versed in legal recovery, litigation, and perfection of security. Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English Problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Analytical skills and a good eye for detail.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Negotiation skills and ability.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage time efficiently.
- Hardworking, goal and result oriented as well as an organised team player.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Great “people-person” skills and professional attitude.
- Positive attitude.
How to Apply for the Legal Officer
All applicants should forward their application letters and CVs to [email protected]
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED