Successful candidates) will work closely with the Head of Legal to undertake the following
• Draft and vet routine contracts pertaining to lease on properties, licence, non-disclosure agreements, intellectual property rights etc.
• Vet tender documents, handle arbitration matters and civil suits before various courts of law should any arise
• Draft and vet Memorandum of Agreement (MOA), Memorandum of Understanding (MOUS), Bank Guarantee, Indemnity Bonds (if any), Undertakings and Authority Letters, Vendor contracts, etc.
• Negotiate, draft/review and finalise a variety of contracts within the Bank.
Coordinate with Business Units and Finance to negotiate appropriate contracts with other parties Provide advice on contract statuses, legal risks and commercial terms of the various contracts
• Renewal, amendment and termination of contracts in consultation with Business Unit or Support Renewal, amendment and termination of contracts in consultation with Business Unit or Support functions in line with their requirements
• Handle litigation matters, including commercial and labour-related litigation
• Liaise with and support external counsel on the facts and evidence of cases handled
• Provide legal opinion and advice on legal and commercial matters affecting the Bank
Assist with Board Secretariat duties when necessary
• Be familiar with Microsoft Office suites – Word, Excel and Powerpoint
A University degree in Law.
Must have been called to the bar, preferably the Ghana Bar
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants are required to submit their application and curriculum vitae clearly indicating the interested role to: [email protected]
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
not later than Wednesday, September 23, 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED