- Company: IOM
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
Since the inception of IOM in 1951, Movement Operations have been and continue to be a fundamental pillar of the Organization’s work. The organized movement of persons in need of international migration assistance is a primary mandate of the Organization and a cornerstone of IOM’s operations.
This mandate has resulted in the international transport of more than 15 million migrants and refugees worldwide. Movement Operations departments in various IOM missions, coordinated under the division of Resettlement and Movement Management (RMM) in the Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE) at IOM’s Geneva Headquarters, are responsible for all aspects of travel for migrants and refugees under IOM’s auspices, in accordance with the various framework agreements with resettlement and receiving Governments and partners across the spectrum of the Organization’s programmes.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the technical supervision of the Head of Regional Resettlement and Movements, the successful candidate is responsible for supervising all movement operations activities in Accra with the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Manage assets and inventories, process financial paperwork, supervise quality control of vendors, and manage the transit center vehicles and related schedules, staff and paperwork, if relevant.
- Ensure interpretation services are coordinated for individuals at the airport, in transit centers, camps, consolidation points and third-party facilities or during transport by air, ground or water, handling financial paperwork related to interpretation services as needed.
- Supervise the coordination of transportation from consolidation points, transit centers and third-party facilities, ensuring service providers meet IOM standards.
- Oversee pre-departure counselling on pre-embarkation procedures and special needs, such as meals, medication, wheelchairs and medical conditions.
- Oversee the completion of all bookings by Movements staff members in accordance with the Handbook of IOM Tariffs (HIT).
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study from an academic institution with two years of relevant working experience; or
- University degree in a relevant field of study with four years of relevant working experience.
- Prior Movement Operations, transportation-related and/or management experience a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of IOM’s administrative, financial and business rules and practices is desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with and lead a team.
- Demonstrated proficiency with IGator, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus. Excellent computer skills and a high level of proficiency in spreadsheet and database applications.
Method of Application
CLOSING DATE : October 10, 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED