Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Latest Recruitment at World Health Organization.
- Company: World Health Organization
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Ghana
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES:
Ghana confirmed outbreak of circulating Vaccine-Derived Poliovirus Type 2 (cVDPV2) in August 2019 in the Northern Region. The outbreak has since spread to nine other regions in the country. With the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, response activities to the polio outbreak were largely suspended. In order to prevent further spread of the poliovirus, the country will restart implementation of polio outbreak response activities to help break transmission.
Summary of Assigned Duties
Under the guidance and supervision of the NPO/Operations Officer, the incumbent will perform the following duties;
- Assist in receiving visitors and answer telephones, direct calls and take messages;Registers, classifies and routes incoming correspondence, documents and other materials;
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, and other activities;
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer;
- Collects and delivers mail, pouches and other communications from and to the post office, government agencies and other institutions;
- Sorts, delivers and picks up mail from various offices on the promises at regular intervals. Keeps records as required;
1. Collaborate closely with GPEI partners and officials of the Ministry of Health/Ghana Health Service at national and sub national levels for all surveillance and immunization activities, providing regular technical support and feedback.
2. Support Ministry of Health at all levels to strengthen and maintain a sensitive surveillance system within the framework of the Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) with a special focus on polio eradication, and vaccine preventable diseases as follows
- Support the EPI Programme to collate, clean and share all pre-campaign data sets;
- 3 weeks, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3-2 days Pre-Campaign Dashboard indicators
- Pre-Implementation Data Sets (Social Mobilization, Micro plan, Training Check list, Pre-implementation check list)
- Support the EPI Programme to collate, clean and share all Intra-campaign data sets;
- Intra-campaign dashboard (Daily)
Description of duties:
Under the overall guidance of WHO Representative to Ghana and direct supervision of the GPEI Coordinator and the National Professional Officers (NPOs) for Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) and Surveillance, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities in her/his assigned area of work:
1. Support the preparation of high-quality pre-implementation (micro-planning, training, logistics.) plans and keep records of all microplans
2. Lead the preparations of preparedness dashboards for all levels
3. Support the implementation of microplans at all levels
Summary of Assigned Duties
- Drives office vehicles to provide transportation of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required;
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs, regular servicing and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean;
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumptions, oil changes, greasing, etc.;
Mode of Application
Click on any of the links above to read more and apply.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED