- Company: Transaid
- Location: Ghana
- Job Type: Full – Time
- Job category: Project jobs in Ghana
Transaid is an international development NGO with over 20 years of experience of working in the transport and logistics sector.
Transaid contributes to improving road safety and maximizing efficiency through building capacity within the sector, as well as increasing access to health services and essential medicines through implementing emergency transport solutions.
Transaid works with government agencies, transporter associations, driver training institutions, the private sector and development partners to deliver sustainable programmes with long lasting impact.
Transaid currently has a long term road safety programme in Ghana which draws on a significant amount of experience in developing HGV driver training standards at a national and regional level throughout sub-Saharan Africa as well as the support of Transaid’s member companies from the UK Transport and Logistics industry.
To find out more about Transaid visit our website www.transaid.org
- You will contribute to the Ghana programme’s implementation in accordance to the workplan and in collaboration with local partners;
- You will provide technical assistance to this and other programmes;
- You will coordinate, oversee and manage training delivery, including receiving and
supporting driver trainers visiting from overseas (applicant does not have to be a qualified driver trainer);
- You will support robust monitoring and evaluation activities including Key Performance Indicator analysis;
- You will identify strategies to troubleshoot problems;
- You will help develop project proposals and write reports as well as contribute to fundraising and marketing activities;
- You will support the sharing of the programme’s information and experience;
- You will represent Transaid at conferences and workshops;
- You will provide a focal point for programme-related enquiries from interested groups;
- You will identify and research new programmes opportunities.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A knowledge of transport and logistics related programmes/activities;
- An ability to support multiple projects at the same time and manage competing deadlines;
- An ability to identify and engage high level key stakeholders;
- Previous experience of monitoring and evaluation activities;
- The confidence and ability to produce high quality reports, and manage budgets;
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task;
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills;
- A high level of computer literacy (Microsoft Office);
- A willingness and ability to travel within the region (trips up to 6 weeks and sometimes at short notice).
- A university degree (undergraduate and/or postgraduate) in a relevant field;
- Previous experience of contributing to applied research programmes;
- Public or private sector road safety management and/or health experience.
METHOD OF APPLICATIONS:
Please send a letter of application and CV (no longer than 3 sides in total) to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications that do not include a letter of application and a CV will not be considered.
Please mark the subject heading ‘Application for Ghana Project Officer Role at Transaid’.
Closing date:30th June 2021
Interview timings will be communicated individually to all shortlisted applicants.
Please note that due to the expected high level of interest in this position we will regretfully be unable to inform unsuccessful candidates and provide feedback.
Note – applicants must have the right to live and work in Ghana.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED