Latest Job Opportunity at MSI Ghana
Position: ASSISTANT HR MANAGER
MSI Ghana, founded in 2006, is an affiliate of MSI Reproductive Choices and one of Ghana’s leading specialist Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) organizations. MSI Ghana works in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and the Ghana Health Service to provide quality and affordable general health and SRH services in all regions of Ghana.
MSI Ghana is looking for passionate, well-organized, client-oriented, and enthusiastic individuals in Accra with the required qualification/s and experience. Also, MSI Ghana’s mission is to help the underserved and provide access to Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. MSI Reproductive Choices is unequivocally pro-choice. We think that every woman has the right to make her own decisions about her body and her future.
- Contract duration: indefinite
- Location: Support Office
The Assistant Human Resources Manager will be in charge of numerous human resources responsibilities, such as recruitment, staffing, coordinating training and development, performance monitoring, and team counseling. The incumbent will be responsible for analyzing the team database and managing the HR Persol software. S/he will ensure that personnel files are updated on a regular basis and that all team data is properly filed. The position holder will handle all recruitments, interview reports, and new team member inductions. S/he will assist with the day-to-day management of HR and administrative responsibilities.
Management of the Team Database and Team Recruitment
- Create a recruitment plan for all interviews and ensure that all HR processes are followed.
- Support and help supervisors in team recruitment.
- Perform reference checks on successful candidates, document the results, and provide comments to unsuccessful candidates.
- Create an induction process and help to coordinate/facilitate inductions.
- Coordination and support the review of all JDs, as well as ensuring that JDs are signed off and filed.
- Maintain personnel records, such as health insurance, pension, and leave, and ensure that the necessary HR database is up-to-date, accurate, and in compliance with applicable legislation.
- Ensure that HR PERSOL is updated on a regular basis.
Capacity Development and Building
- Identify training and development needs and opportunities and categorize them as internal or external.
- Organize and coordinate in-house training sessions, workshops, and other activities.
- Plan seminars and ensure that team members benefit from them.
- Process requests for outside training from employees while adhering to policies and procedures.
Administration of Compensation/Benefits and Performance Management
- Ensure that performance PLUS review talks take place as planned (at the beginning, middle, and end of the year).
- Assist all team members in building personal growth plans.
- Assist team members in the development of IOPs.
- Gather yearly PP forms and ensure they are examined and signed off on.
- Administration of wages and benefits, including payroll.
HR Policies, Systems, and Procedures Implementation
- Implement the new HR policy.
- Maintain workplace safety policies and verify compliance
- Work with directors/unit heads to ensure that departmental manuals are updated on a regular basis and that team members are familiar with the contents.
Management and supervision of a team
- Line management responsibility for the Human Resource Officer/Assistant, including team management, motivation, performance management, setting annual KPIs and individual objectives, recruiting and inducting new team members, change management, communication, rewards, learning, and development.
- Assist the Head of Human Resources and Administration in ensuring that Team members have a thorough awareness of all employee relations rules, practices, and employment laws in order to manage risk, offering individual coaching as needed.
- Help the Head of Human Resources and Administration set a good example for effective performance PLUS and the growth of a performance culture within human resources by setting the scene, making a clear strategy and plan, setting standards with attainable and measurable goals, giving regular, on-time feedback, and rewarding performance in different ways depending on delivery.
Required Qualifications or Experience
To be successful in this position, you must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences, or a related field is required.
- A certified human resource manager (CIHRM, formerly IHRMP- Ghana, SHRM, CIPD)
- Minimum of six (6) years’ experience in a similar management role with an I/NGO and/or the commercial sector.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a middle-level member of an HR function.
- Experience managing employee relations issues such as compromise agreement settlements, employment tribunals, and disciplinary and grievance proceedings is required.
- familiar with the Labour Act of 2003 and other labor-related legislation
- Leadership and management experience in a team
- Ability to work under duress, handle enormous workloads, and achieve strict reporting deadlines
- Operational thinker with strong analytical abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working connections at all levels of the organization
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and organizational abilities
- Ability to balance multiple, opposing demands
- Coaching abilities – the ability to coach team members and management to improve performance.
- Individual who is goal-oriented and focused on delivering the greatest results for the organization.
- Cross-functional team player with exceptional people management abilities
- Have excellent relationship-building and negotiation abilities.
- Excellent facilitation and face-to-face training abilities
- Capable of working on one’s own initiative and for extended periods of time
- Customer-focused, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels
- A pro-choice advocate who cares deeply about maternal health
- Motivates team members to provide high-quality service and results, and provides constructive/honest feedback.
- Self-motivator who can also motivate others to attain results and who is extremely enthusiastic
- Culturally sensitive team member who understands the needs of both men and women seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services.
How to Apply for this Latest Job Opportunity at MSI Ghana
Closing Date: 19th November, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED