Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture .
Golder has a new full-time opportunity within our Mine Water team for a Senior Water and Environmental Engineer based in Accra, Ghana. You will be supporting and contributing to surface and groundwater projects such as mine water and waste management, hydro(geo)logy studies/modelling, water intakes, water supply and dewatering, contamination assessment and remediation, etc. This is a senior position that will contribute to raising the profile of the Golder Mine Water team within the mining industry and grow our business with our client base in West Africa.
POSITION: Senior Water and Environmental Engineer
Key Duties And Responsibilities Will Include
- Support the Country Lead in growing our Client base in West Africa and liaise with our Clients (internal and external)
- Grow revenue from our water business in West Africa
- Engage with Authorities
- Support, contribute and generate project opportunities
- Developing water and salt balances for mining and industrial clients;
- Input to water and waste components for EIA’s and regulatory compliance
- Input to mine water and waste management projects;
- Input to Concept, PFS, FS and DFS studies for mining projects
- Hydrology and hydrogeology characterization projects for EIA’s and mine development projects;
- Contributing to high quality project and technical design reports for clients;
- Managing project budget, resources and timelines effectively;
- Perform construction quality supervision, assessments and audits
- Overall site-wide water resources and management plans for clients
- Mentor, develop and grow a strong technical water team in Ghana.
- Preparing proposals, reports and deliverables for senior staff review; and
- Displaying a safety first focus and setting a positive example by identifying and reporting hazards, near misses and incidents.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering
- 12 – 15 years’ minimum experience in the field of Water Management / Environmental Engineering related to surface water/groundwater is required;
- Pump and pipeline design experience will be advantageous;
- Mine water management experience will be advantageous;
- Contamination assessment and remediation experience will be advantageous;
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel (Advanced), MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Projects;
- Experience using any of FeFlow, GoldSim, PCSWWM, CAD, Python, etc. will be advantageous;
- Demonstrated ability in water resources including hydrology, water balance, water supply feasibility and water reuse.
Your Benefits At Golder Will Include
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Opportunity to work closely with our water teams in South Africa, Australia, Europe, US and Canada.
- Opportunity to work closely with our Environment, Waste and Engineering teams
- Opportunity to develop your career in the specific area of your interest.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder, a member of WSP, is a leading global specialised engineering and consulting organisation with over 60 years of successful service to its clients. By joining forces with WSP in 2021, Golder is now part of a 14,000-person strong earth and environment practice, providing engineering, remediation, regulatory & compliance, design and environmental services on projects that span all seven continents. Our professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialised skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment, and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil & gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people – we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own. All qualified applicants who meet the specific criteria outlined above are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Closing Date : 25th March. 2022
- Ministry of Trade and Industry agency jobs under Gratis
- Internship Opportunity At Webster University Ghana
- Job Opportunity At L&J Foods Company Ltd
- Walulel Calls For Job Applications
- Proview GH Invites Job Applications
- Power City Network jobs
- Financial Services Sector Jobs
- Job Vacancy At Domestic Uniform Rental
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED