Latest Employment Opportunity at Zapier
POSITION: Engineer, SRE
We’re seeking talented Site Reliability Engineers to join our growing team. As we continue to scale our product and grow our team, we’re looking for Junior Site Reliability Engineers to help drive automation, performance, and reliability in our cloud-based infrastructure.
As part of this team, you’ll work on
- Firstly, Designing and deploying our AWS infrastructure using infrastructure as code across multiple accounts.
- Secondly, Contributing to our container orchestration clusters (EKS) and serverless functions (Lambda). Production Engineering provides compute resources as a service, and you’ll help shape what features we offer.
- Thirdly, Evaluating new tools and recommending technologies to the entire organization. If there’s a tool that will help us serve our customers, we’ll go get it.
- Moreover, Partnering with teams to solve novel infrastructure and design problems. Service teams are responsible for keeping services running. It’s your job to help them make decisions that scale.
- Then, Building services to integrate systems, process high-traffic workloads, and perform critical migrations. We don’t believe in drawing a hard line between developers and SREs–if you see a part of the code you can improve, default to action and make the change.
Using site reliability principles, you’ll help fix problems at their root cause rather than just the symptoms. You’ll improve application reliability using a software engineering approach to operations. Also, You’ll develop internal tools and systems to help engineering teams ship better software, faster. You’ll get to impact every engineering team in the organization and use a broad set of technologies. Maintaining excellent relationships and communicating effectively with teams will be crucial to your success.
You want to learn about SRE on the job, but you’ve done your homework already.
You have background in the world of systems administration, systems engineering, software development or quality assurance. Thus, You’re passionate about SRE and you have learned a lot about it already – in your previous role or on your own “pet projects”.
You’ve played around in the cloud.
You’re comfortable creating and optimizing a Docker image for your app, you’ve deployed cloud infrastructure with Terraform, you know how to work with Git, you’ve worked with Grafana and some time series database to visualize metrics, you’ve done Kelsey Hightower’s “Kubernetes The Hard Way”.
You can code.
You have experience with languages like Python or Go. Expertise with the fundamentals of software development goes a long way here.
You’re a great communicator.
Not only do you know how to share your knowledge with the team and document things well so they can be consumed asynchronously (we do this a lot as a remote company), but you know how to communicate effectively with software and support teams.
You value our values.
At Zapier, our values are at the heart of how we collaborate and how we think about our customers. In our remote setting, they help develop trust and ensure we work and collaborate together to democratize automation. You see how these values can empower meaningful work, you thrive in a collaborative setting, you are eager to continue growing and excited to be part of the team.
Things We’ve Done Recently
- Develop new methods for retaining task history
- Then, Migrating applications and services from EC2 to Kubernetes
- Write custom Kubernetes controllers to improve resilience
- Also, Create deployment pipelines in GitLab and ArgoCD
- Develop autoscaling strategies to handle bursts in workloads
- Afterwards, Implementing OPA to enforce policies across our Kubernetes Clusters
- Finally, Deploying ProxySQL for pooling connections against MySQL databases
The Whole Package
Location: EMEA (UTC+3)
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States.
How to Apply for this Employment Opportunity at Zapier
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job Opportunity
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED