- Company: Worldreader
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
Worldreader is a non-profit organization working globally with partners to support vulnerable and underserved communities with digital reading solutions that help improve learning outcomes, workforce readiness, and gender equity.
Worldreader combines 21st-century technology, a library of culturally relevant digital books in 52 languages, and integrated support.
Over the past 10 years, Worldreader has reached more than 18 million people with 63m books in communities where paper books, including storybooks and textbooks, are not always close at hand.
Our global offices and programming hubs are in East Africa (Kenya), West Africa (Ghana), India (New Delhi), South America (Peru), and more recently in the United States.
In West Africa, Worldreader works in dozens of schools and libraries, partners with leading education and early childhood development organizations, and reaches millions of readers via their mobile phones.
Worldreader is seeking an experienced and dynamic education expert and senior program Manager to serve as our Regional Program & Partnership Manager for West Africa.
Our ideal candidate has a depth of experience in pre-primary and primary education, a passion for literacy and reading, and experience using educational technology to achieve students’ learning goals.
You are still a program manager with a strong attention to detail, a multi-tasker, and are committed to programmatic success and cross-organizational communication.
Based in our Accra, Ghana office, s/he will work in collaboration with in-country and global Worldreader staff to manage all Worldreader programs across West Africa.
We are looking for a team leader that is creative, adaptable, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is willing to experiment with new ideas and approaches.
You must be comfortable working with a global team in a technology-enabled environment.
The Regional Program & Partnership Manager reports to the Director of West Africa. All applicants must have current work authorization for Ghana and the ability to travel regionally.
Leadership and Coordination
- Develop and manage work plans and the coordination of task delivery from the local and global Worldreader team and partner organizations.
- Coordinate effectively with Education, Impact and Evaluation, Communications and Regional Offices to support cohesive project implementation support.
- Build the capacity of project partners in delivering digital educational technology solutions and digital reading behavior change.
- Lead the management of regional projects to ensure quality and the success of all project deliverables in collaboration with other teams both global, regional, and national
- Administer program and project budgets across multiple geographies.
- Support the development and lead the local implementation of tools such as training to trainers, teachers, and parents, facilitators guides, and manuals to support the delivery of our services and impact. successful programmatic implementation partner capacity building.
- Provide project management insights to technical leads which inform future project design.
- Implement and/or design standardized processes to support a more streamlined rollout of projects across the region.
- Regional travel up to 40%.
External Representation and Advocacy
- Raise the visibility of Worldreader, our products, and impact through regional external events and speaking opportunities.
- Build relationships across the education and edtech spheres in Ghana and across West Africa to build the visibility and credibility of our solutions.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (education, project management, public administration, etc.) with 7+ years of relevant work experience in the education space.
- Proven success leading educational program implementation in West African countries with a specific focus on reading and literacy preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in building and sustaining partnerships with actors from various sectors including for-profit, non-for-profit, government, and multilaterals.
- Experience working with international donors, managing donor compliance, and reporting on timelines, and budgets.
- Strong customer service skills, which include a sense of urgency, ability to complete duties quickly and efficiently, impeccable attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Literacy and ed-tech enthusiast with the ability to build the excitement and capacity of partners in applying a digital reading solution.
- Experience, proficiency preferred, with project management systems and Salesforce or other CRM.
- Experience working for a global or regional organization with expertise in multiple countries across West Africa.
- Experience managing research projects is a plus.
losing Date : 12 Nov. 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED