- Company: Johnson & Johnson
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job Type: Full- Time
- Job Category: Sales / Marketing Jobs in Ghana
The Area Director is responsible for the delivery of the defined area Profit & Loss, Balance sheet and Working Capital objectives connected to his area based on the J&J reporting cycles and procedures.
Manages the commercial partners of J&J MD in the area. The AD agrees with the management of a partner about resources, level of education, proper use of all relevant policies and procedures.
In respective area, the commercial J&J resources report into the AD.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Selects and measures performance of the commercial partners in the area.
- The area director sets business targets and examines the result frequently.
- The AD leading projects around driving focused portfolio, country prioritization and profitability optimization.
- Accountable for market assessment, segmentation and targeting of specific markets/customers for the MD strategic priorities in the specific area
- In close cooperation with the MISSA Marketing team, the AD develops and recommends short and long-range strategy for the marketing of assigned products / specialties.
- The AD is responsible for the selection of commercial opportunities within his area, based on the principle of priorization.
- Drive usage of appropriate systems to control and monitor implementation of plans to ensure that marketing objectives, as outlined in the annual EM priority plan, are met.
- Initiate and/or coordinate market research to determine unmet needs, product requirements, acceptance, market trends and forces, success of promotional campaign, and concept testing of new promotional ideas.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitive products, processes, promotional activities, and corporate strategies.
- Develop relationships with industry opinion leaders to anticipate and act on changes in demand and buying behaviours.
- Participate in industry symposia, medical meetings, and monitor the industry’s business, and clinical publications.
- Proactively manage product life cycle by obsolescing specific SKU’s and developing promotional strategies appropriate for the product’s life cycle stage.
- Drive the Credo values of the organization through every interaction, activity and team-member selection. “Walk the talk” of the Credo values every day.
- Education: BA or BS required, Masters Degree preferred. (Scientific/Business combination would be ideal) MBA or Marketing degree. International exposure is a plus.
- Experience: Generally requires 15+ years related experience. / Marketing and/or management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple commercial projects successfully, preferably in a large, global organization is preferred.
- Extremely good grasp of English-language, written as well
- Advanced grasp of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Ability to create and maintain a high level of energy and sense of urgency Program/Project Management best practices required.
- Communication and Presentation skills
- Language: English, French, is a must – Others are a plus
- Location: Location in the Area, most preferably in the country dedicated as Area host country.
Method of Application
Closing Date: Ongoing
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED