At Last Mile Health (LMH), we dig data. Do you have experience leading an international team of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL) professionals? If so, you may be our next Managing Director, MERL.
Last Mile Health partners with governments in Ethiopia, Liberia, Malawi, Sierra Leone, and Uganda to strengthen community health systems, upskill the workforce, and deliver health services. The MERL team is building a robust system of measurement, evaluation, and learning to drive the improvement of programmatic work at LMH and the dissemination of findings externally through presentations, reports, and research publications. The Managing Director, MERL will work across country programs to oversee the design and implementation of mixed methods MERL plans, data collection, analyses, data use for adaptive management and quality improvement, and support dissemination of results. In this position, the Managing Director will also represent MERL interests and contribute to broad organizational priorities in management forums. Further, they will supervise and support the professional development of MERL team members.
This position is open to candidates located on the eastern seaboard of the United States or in Ghana. Candidates must have work authorization in these countries.
POSITION: Managing Director, Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning
What You’ll Do
- Provide strategic guidance, vision, and management for successful monitoring, evaluation research, and learning from LMH’s programs.
- Lead the strategic and functional integration of MERL activities into program design and implementation as well as active cross-team collaboration.
- Assign workflows and provide technical guidance and input on mixed-method research protocols and evaluation design, facilitating equitable and gender-sensitive MERL processes and approaches.
- Oversee refinement of LMH’s theory of change and key performance indicators in line with organizational strategic priorities.
- Lead the MERL team to shape standards to implement routine data reviews and interpretation of data for learning and adaptation in a meaningful way.
- Leverage existing organizational strengths and identified opportunities for improvement, and lead the process of developing a MERL strategy to strengthen MERL standards and processes at LMH.
- Based on global evidence gaps and LMH strategic priorities, co-design a research agenda to identify areas where LMH can contribute to the global knowledge base on the effectiveness of community health programming.
- Produce learning products and thought leadership pieces relevant to programs (including academic research articles, blog posts, white papers, etc.).
- Oversee the MERL team budget, annual planning, and quarterly reviews.
- Work with the Data Systems team to strengthen organizational data management systems and practices to ensure data quality
- Provide MERL perspective in grant proposals and reports and establish and manage relationships with funders for high-touch MERL deliverables.
- Serve as the leader and representative of the MERL team in organization-wide management forums, sharing MERL perspectives with other teams, and developing materials
- Lead, motivate, and develop MERL capacity at LMH, leveraging diverse competencies, identifying and promoting talent, providing and receiving candid and actionable feedback, and creating the incentives needed for a high-performing and energized team of professionals.
- WaterAid Ghana Invites Job Applications
- International Fertilizer Development Center Job Vacancy
- Available Job Opportunity At ZIPLINE
What You’ll Bring
- An advanced degree (DrPH, PhD or MPH) in public health, monitoring and evaluation, epidemiology, demography, or biostatistics
- 10+ years of overall experience in MERL with increasing responsibility, including 4+ years of team and project leadership
- Demonstrated experience leading the design and implementation of mixed-method program evaluation
- Deep technical knowledge of research design, data collection methods, and statistical tests
- Proven leadership, management, and organization skills along with the ability to inspire highly capable technical staff and remotely lead or support diverse teams.
- Experience in creating a climate where high technical performance at all levels of the team is recognized and valued.
- Strong ability to lead by example, with integrity, purpose, and commitment to the attainment of LMH’s goals and commitment to technical excellence.
- Experience in delegating appropriate responsibility, accountability, and decision-making authority on relevant practice area matters.
- Experience collaborating with and coaching program/implementing teams on program design and data use.
- Past experience in facilitating inclusive and culturally appropriate conversations with a range of stakeholders across geographies and cultural contexts.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the history, issues, and trends across MERL.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated proposal writing skills for MERL.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical information to a wide variety of audiences.
You’ll Impress Us If
- Experience in global health or international development, specifically the continent of Africa is preferred.
- Commitment to social justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to the identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
- APPLY NOW|| Internship Opportunity At Beetroot Africa
- Newmont Mining Corporation Available Jobs
- Another Employment Opportunity At P.M Renaissance
- Coca Cola Ghana Limited Announces New Job Opportunity
- Career Opportunity At Sandvik
OVERVIEW OF LAST MILE HEALTH’S COMPENSATION MODEL
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: SLB – 6
For the United States and Ghana, the salary range is: $130,000 – $145,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Method Of Application
Click here to read more and apply
Closing Date: April 01, 2022
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED