Chirano is located in southwestern Ghana, approximately 100 kilometres southwest of Kumasi, Ghana’s second largest city. The mine is within the Bibiani gold belt and consists of 11 deposits. Open pit and underground ore are processed at the Chirano plant. The capacity of the mill is approximately 3.5 million tonnes per annum. Processing involves crushing, ball mill grinding, leaching, and CIL.
To oversee a Safety Management System that will promote a Healthy and Safe working environment for employees (including contractors) and visitors, and ensuring compliance to all relevant standards, procedures and legislation. To provide leadership and formulate strategies that ensures the continuous growth of the functional activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Department and to maximize operational efficiencies and profitability that align with the organization’s overall goal. Act as the senior resource personnel on health and safety issues and participates in business and / or project planning by offering technical expertise.
- Actively work in the fields and ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance.
- Actively promote Safety Culture and Hazard Awareness on the Mine by achieving zero reportable safety incidents, zero compliance breaches and continually review the safety standards and work practices for the workforce.
- Formulate and execute safety strategies that support the growth of mine operations & employees’ wellbeing; ensures strategies are linked to the organization’s overall strategy.
- Maintain Health & Safety Programmes and ensure operational readiness to support emergency responses and crisis management plans (rapid response).
- Facilitate and participate in risk assessments, support the development, implementation and review of site H&S Risk Register and Control Plans.
- Facilitate and coordinate coaching, inspections, audits, training and awareness campaigns to ensure compliance with safety standards and critical controls.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of local Government Agencies, shareholders’ interests, environmental health and safety legislation and Company regulations.
- Assist in managing the annual operating and capital budgets for the department, consistent with Kinross’ established financial guidelines and business planning process.
- Act as a Change Agent and Project Sponsor for key Safety initiatives; models organizational values, sets the cultural tone, and prioritizes business goals.
- Set performance targets and measures, monitor and manage overall performance of employees and/or contract workers at the department
- Build the capabilities of the team to enhance the team’s ability to achieve financial and operating strategy; identifies succession role requirements and high potential talents, and actively develop key talents
- Ensure third party contractors are performing according to contractual obligations with the Company.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your Supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or tertiary qualification in Sciences/ Engineering (Mining, Electrical, Mechanical) with a minimum of 8 years practical experience in a senior H&S role in a mining environment.
- Safety Superintendent’s Certification from the Inspectorate Division of the Minerals Commission (IDMC) as well as NEBOSH Certification or Diploma.
- Certificate in Project Management
- Master’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety and HSE Manager’s Certification from IDMC will be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop, implement and audit Health & Safety systems and programmes in an extractive industry.
- Experience in leading and participating in Investigations and ability to understand basic safety data and can manipulate data to develop short and long-term safety improvement plans and strategies.
- Ability to develop processes and procedures that integrate behavioral aspects into a system and be able to integrate across the departments
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Duty of Care Standards, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations, and Mining Inspection Act & Regulations.
- Has the skill of planning, deciding priorities and able to plan jobs in coordination with colleagues, other Departments and Government Authorities
- Must be able to apply standards, policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
- Experience managing diverse employees (language, cultural, religious, etc)
- Management skills with ability to engage and transfer knowledge to all subordinates.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral and apply appropriate discipline when required
- Flexible rotations including night shift and demonstrated ability to work under pressure safely
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including word, excel, power point, outlook and other Safety Management software /systems.
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy, respect for confidentiality and candor in daily work ethics.
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
DEADLINE : ONGOING
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED