The ARB APEX BANK was established by the ARB Apex Bank Regulations, 2006 (L.I 1825) to provide support services to the Rural and Community Banks (RCB’s).
The ARB Apex Bank invites applications from suitably qualified applicants for the position of:
HEAD – INTERNAL CONTROL
* To manage the audit function of the Bank and to ensure that efficient systems of control are in place and being complied with in all sections of the Bank
* To carry out inspections at the RCB’s in accordance with prescribed benchmarks, regulations, rules and laws in respect of such inspections.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline plus ten (10) years post-qualification experience in banking auditing/accounting in a financial institution with at least five (5) years as a member of the senior management team.
Systems audit experience is preferred.
Any relevant professional qualification (preferably in ACCA, ICAG, CIMA) is required.
Exposure to rural banking is also a requirement and membership of institute of internal Auditors and certification in cyber security will be an added advantage.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Excellent Knowledge of banking operations and the laws governing Banks in Ghana
* Uo-to-date Knowledge of the regulatory frameworks both locally and internationally, including IFRS reporting
BASEL II/III and other international standards
* Extensive working knowledge of auditing standards and regulations
* Working knowledge of the tax laws and related regulations
* Familiarity with the Bank of Ghana Directives and Guidelines
* Knowledge of the operations and services of RCB’s and a good appreciation of operational risk
* Familiarity with developments and trends within the financial services industry
* Exhibit integrity and tough mindedness
* Must be adept in stakeholder management and negotiation
* Advanced MS Excel and ability to use Accounting/Audit Software
* Must be willing to travel across the length and breadth of Ghana
* Must have excellent report writing and presentation skills
* Should possess good interpersonal skills
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, names and addresses of three (3) referees, as well as their contact telephone and e-mail addresses should be forwarded to:
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
ARB APEX BANK
P. O. BOX GP 20321
And to: [email protected]
Closing date: Two weeks from the date of publication. that is 3rd June 2020
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED