About this job
We are looking for a Compliance Associate to join our Legal & Compliance team as our Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
The successful individual will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of Anti-money laundering (“AML”), Know Your Customer (“KYC”) and Sanctions compliance for the group. This position will be based in Ghana and will report to the Group Head of Compliance.
- Be appointed as JUMO’s Money Laundering Reporting Officer, with a direct reporting line to the local board of directors.
- Provide oversight, control, support and guidance on AML, KYC and sanctions compliance for the group across our African markets (Ghana, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, Cote D’ Ivory and growing).
- Conduct ongoing investigations into suspicious activity, and report findings to the Financial Intelligence centers.
- Develop and manage a regular monitoring and reporting process to report on compliance risks to the relevant local boards.
- Advise the business on compliance related topics during design and implementation phase of projects.
- Conduct annual AML, KYC and sanctions risk assessments.
- Understand and have continuing knowledge of all local and international AML, KYC and sanctions requirements to ensure JUMO’s compliance program is consistent with all applicable local laws.
- Arrange and conduct periodic audits of partner processes.
- Develop and roll out company wide training and awareness sessions on topics such as AML & KYC and sanctions trends and employee responsibilities.
You will need
- LLB degree or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ post-qualification experience working in compliance and AML across different African markets
- Expert knowledge of and immediate experience in operating in an African cross-border financial services (payments or lending) compliance environment.
- Strong knowledge of and understanding of AML/KYC.
- Capable of working effectively and independently in a fast-paced team environment.
- Commercial and professional: able to balance business risk with commercial interests of the company while applying sound judgment.
- Resourceful & execution focused, ability to work independently and to manage group wide projects. Not driven by hierarchy, happy to roll up their sleeves and participate and lead from the front.
- Attention to detail, adaptable approach, able to manage pressure in a high performance, constantly evolving environment.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with the ability to simplify complexity and focus on the important issues.
- Strong cultural awareness and experience in working across diverse environments.
Bonus if you have
- CAMS / ICA certification.
- Experience in micro credit and mobile money.
- Telecom experience
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment
- Working for impact
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
You will be based in Ghana. We operate a remote first working approach where working remotely is our default way of working.
We have co-working spaces available in Accra for collaboration and connection and for the use of those who value and want to work out of an office.
You have flexibility where to work from, as long as you have access to a reliable connection and are set up to work remotely.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and we strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate and prosper and be themselves.
Method Of Application
Closing Date: Ongoing
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED