- Company: Jumia Group
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay.
The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem.
With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live.
E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa.
Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
- Regularly source, engage and onboard new vendors relevant to the assigned product category;
- Develop solid relationships with Jumia’s key accounts and partners, act as a consultant for them, providing insights on how they can maximize their Jumia marketplace business;
- Facilitate revenue growth by negotiating, improving and optimizing deals on a weekly basis;
- Support the Head of Department to plan periodic campaigns related to the category, including negotiating special deals and managing website exposure;
- Manage daily operations related to key accounts with the aim of optimizing performance, including pricing negotiation, content quality check, assortment level and inbound orders;
- Understand each vendor’s value proposition and to develop a clear action plan followed by rapid implementation to maximize vendors’ performance;
- Respect commercial team routine, agenda and guidelines;
- Liaison closely with all other teams to deliver an optimal vendor experience and seamless content upload;
- Promote Jumia’s value added services;
- Contribute to consistently meet and exceed sales targets and supplier satisfaction expectations.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Planning and organizational skills – Must have great organizational skills, be punctual, reliable, outstanding attention to detail and ability to prioritize efficiently;
- Commercial and sales skills – Ability to source best offers and negotiate appropriate deals;
- Interpersonal skills – Must be able to hand all vendor queries and be great at conflict management; must also coordinate with all other Jumia’s teams to supervise products upload and deals promotion at all times;
- Analytical skills – Must be able to conduct standard performance analysis and leverage KPIs and on own vendor knowledge to identify potential areas of improvement on a regular basis;
- IT and Microsoft Office skills – Good working knowledge of Excel’s basic functions, Word and PowerPoint, must feel comfortable with learning how to use the company’s IT platforms;
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure;
- A passion to provide service excellence and improve the lives of others by providing key everyday products and services;
- An energetic entrepreneurial spirit and desire to work in a fast-paced and fun working environment;
- Previous commercial experience in the consumer goods industry is a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, suitable for recent graduates.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take.
Closing Date : 17th Dec. 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED