JSI Research & Training Institute Job Recruitment
JSI is implementing the USAID-funded Strengthening the Care Continuum Project in Ghana.
The project specifically supports the Government of Ghana (GOG) through its HIV/AIDS stakeholders to accelerate Ghana’s progress in attaining the 95-95-95 UNAIDS goal. Do this by achieving epidemic control in high HIV disease burden regions by scaling up evidence-based interventions. Note that, Activities include active case finding of persons living with HIV (PLHIV), including key populations (KPs), getting them on treatment, retaining them in treatment and ensuring that they are virally suppress. The project is funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and is currently scheduled to end in September 2023.
This is a full-time position that will be based in Takoradi, Ghana and involves extensive travel in Western, Western North and Ahafo regions. The Advisor will be responsible for the design, quality and delivery of the program’s institutional strengthening and capacity building activities at the district, regional and national level. Also, the advisor should implement such activities in compliance with all donor, and project-specific policies and goals.
S/he will lead all Capacity Development (CD) and Institutional Strengthening activities for the project and work with relevant stakeholders and CSO partners. This is to ensure ownership and sustainability of project outcomes from community to national levels. Besides that, S/he will develop context specific support for each of the targets based on assessments of the capacities and needs of partners and stakeholders in an ongoing basis.
S/he will support organizational improvements and implementation of technical components of the HIV package of services being provided by CSO at community levels. This is to meet allocated targets for districts. S/he will support the implementation of and compliance with ethical guidelines and policies for CSO.
The Capacity and Institutional Strengthening Advisor reports to the Deputy Chief of Party and collaborates with the grants management team as a requirement in support partner CSOs.
Responsibilities and duties:
- To begin with, Provide direct technical leadership and assistance in capacity development and lead capacity development approach with NGO partners as well as government and other stakeholders;
- Secondly, Identify, adapt and create context specific capacity and technical assessment tools to accelerate achievement of project goals;
- Then, Provide technical oversight for all work and activities necessary to achieve technical intervention deliverables and objectives by CSOs;
- Also, Monitor and evaluate implementation of project activities for results and use of resources against approved objectives, budgets and key project indicators;
- Moreover, Serve as a technical resource to project personnel on issues of design of training approaches to support learning of specific content. Also, context supporting presentations, and utilization of tools to support interpretation and presentation of data;
- Afterwards, Liaise with stakeholders to assure that Project capacity and institutional development activities are relevant and effective;
- Finally, Any other duty as assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party and the Chief of Party
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum Master’s Degree in organizational or institutional development, psychology, sociology or business administration,
- Then, a Minimum 5-8 years’ senior level experience in direct provision and/or facilitation of institutional and technical strengthening activities. It involves civil society, public sector or private sector in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Experience with local community-based organizations is strongly desired.
- Proven expertise in business operations, personnel and systems development, technical capacity development etc. Others include, strategic planning and management, governance, grants management, leadership development and change management.
- Demonstrated experience in assessments of organizations and/or government entities and, in development and management of detailed institutional strengthening plans to ensure all performance benchmarks are met and sustained.
- Knowledge of a wide range of organizational development models and adult learning and participatory teaching methodologies is strongly desired.
- Also, Demonstrated experience in building strong working partnerships with executives and senior-level personnel of project stakeholders.
- Relevant experience in supporting CSO capacity building and in Ghana under a US government award is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and communication skills (English) as well as strong public presentation skills, including the ability to represent the project to key stakeholders.
- Lastly, Experience working with USAID/PEPFAR highly desirable
How To Apply for the JSI Research & Training Institute Job
JSI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply.
- Qualified persons should send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: [email protected]
- Deadline for the submission of applications: May 20, 2022.
Please note: There will be no relocation allowance for successful candidates.
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- United Nations Population Fund New Jobs
- Job Vacancy Notice || Rural Bank Jobs for May 2022
- Apply Now || Donewell Insurance Ltd Job Opportunities
- Current Aviation Jobs in Ghana 2022
- Social Housing Company Available Jobs
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED