Job Vacancy For GES Financial Disbursement Coordinator at Lively Minds
The GES Disbursement Coordinator will be part of a lively, global finance team. Reporting to the Ghana Finance and Administrative Manager. The Officer will have excellent attention to detail and be methodical and thorough in their approach to work.
With good financial acumen and a thirst for continuous improvement, the successful candidate will have a “can-do” attitude – always willing to get involved and help where necessary. The officer will be responsible for handling and recording a large number of financial transaction specific to the Disbursement of Claims to Districts and Regions and supporting documents whilst maintaining accurate accounts and record keeping. The officer will also be responsible for monitoring and escalating any financial risks and issues of non- compliance in a timely manner
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
GES Disbursement/Finance Systems and Processes
- To begin with, Prepare disbursement notifications and internal requisitions for signed off Claims and send for the review of the Ghana Finance and Admin Manager.
- Then, Track approved disbursement notifications and internal requisitions and follow-up on the respective Finance and Admin Officers for payment.
- Also, Notify Laises and Regional managers on the status of disbursement transfers and follow up for confirmation of receipts.
- Moreover, Maintain and update a calendar of claim disbursement for each school term.
- Additionally, Prepare monthly cash projections for various GES disbursement due for the review of the Finance and Admin Manager.
- Lastly, Support with other Finance and administrative duties as required such as printing and photocopying, and purchasing stationery.
- Promptly and accurately, update the GES disbursement tracker and Clickmedix.
- Review claim reports from the District and Regions against the approved disbursements and sign off reports. This includes checking the Claim reports against accountabilities, daily attendance sheets, invoices, receipts and querying non-compliance.
- Follow up on laises and regional managers for responses to queries and the status of implementation of recommendations.
- Prepare journals for signed off Claim reports for posting in the accounting software.
- Reconcile monthly Code 801 balances.
- Maintain a calendar of reporting timelines for each school term
- Firstly, Mitigate risk for LM by following the appropriate guidelines established.
- Secondly, Maintain register of non-compliance and make the Finance and Administrative Manager aware of any compliance risks or potentially fraudulent activity.
- Thirdly, Training and Capacity Building in the GES Disbursement Processes
- After that, Support the Finance and Administrative Manager to train/ensure the Lively Minds team understand GES Disbursement protocols and demonstrate utmost accountability.
- Afterwards, Explain the requirement of the GES Disbursement policies to the Ghana Team members.
- Finally, You may be assigned any other responsibility in agreement with your line manager, in contribution to Lively Minds work and in recognition of your experience and skills. It is therefore expected for staff to be flexible and willing to contribute to the work of the wider team.
Required Skills or Experience
Essential experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, administration or economics; or ICA GH Part II; or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience in an accounting or finance role.
- Extensive understanding of accounting principles and local financial regulations/laws.
- Strong quality focus and able to keep accurate financial records and reports from incomplete records.
- Hands-on practical experience of bank reconciliations.
- Self-starter who is able to work with limited supervision.
- Experience of liaising with professional specialists responsible for risk management and co-ordinating financial records, reports and controls.
- Able to uphold and enforce financial protocols and demonstrate utmost accountability.
- Able to manage and coach others.
- Lastly, Technically literate – basic user of MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel and MS Teams and able to adapt to and learn new tech systems easily.
Desirable experience and skills:
- Experience of working with remote teams.
- Also, Experience of working in the NGO sector.
- Good user of Xero, Quick Books or similar accounting software.
- You will be expected to perform against the Lively Minds Competencies
How to Apply for GES Financial Disbursement Coordinator at Lively Minds
If this sounds like you, please complete an application form to [email protected] by 22nd June 2022
Due to resource constraints, we apologise, but we will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
Lively Minds operates a strict Child & Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy, and we, therefore, check suitability of successful candidates though background checks consisting of references and police checks.
However, Lively Minds is fully committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We want this to be reflected in the diversity of the people who work for us and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and identities.
Closing Date : 10th June. 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED