September 21st, 2022 at 08:41 am
Job Vacancy For Chief of Party
CARE Ghana seeks an education expert to serve as Chief of Party (COP) on its anticipated USAID Strengthening Accountability in Ghana’s Education System (SAGES). This project aims to improve primary education service delivery through institutionalizing accountability in the Ghanian primary education system.
The activity will support efforts led by the Government of Ghana (GOG), in particular the Ministry of Education (MOE) and its agencies/affiliates, to strengthen the enabling environment for education accountability and increase the performance of the education system.
The COP stewards the overall vision of the project and takes responsibility for delivering project results. The successful candidate will have significant experience managing program, financial, and operations of USAID or other international donor-funded projects. The COP leads and manages the education project through a combination of technical leadership, supportive management and capacity strengthening with CARE partners. This includes personnel and financial management, administrative oversight, and program quality assurance.
This activity is expected to be a five-year program in the $40-$50M range.
This position is pending donor approval and funding. Ghanaian candidates as well as international candidates are encouraged to apply.
Location: Accra, Ghana
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Firstly, Oversee the overall management and implementation of the project including project results and deliverables, in accordance with the project work plan.
- Secondly, With staff and partners, translate project goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans.
- Thirdly, Manage operational, financial, and administrative priorities.
- Moreover, Build partnerships among national- and community-level actors.
- Additionally, Function as the primary liaison between all project stakeholders.
- Then, Maintain productive working relationships with USAID clients, project partners, and key counterparts.
- Also, Mentor and coach staff to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Clarify roles, delegating responsibilities to senior staff, and clearly communicating expectations for staff contribution to project activities.
- Supervise performance of all long- and short-term advisors, consultants, and staff.
- Thereafter, Supervise staff and partners in identifying the project’s technical assistance needs, developing suitable scopes of work, recruiting consultants, and executing technical assistance contracts.
- Furthermore, Create management systems and internal controls in line with CARE’s standard operating procedures, ensuring consistency with project needs.
- Design and oversee annual project cycle in accordance with USAID’s annual planning cycle.
- Afterwards, Direct planning and budgeting processes.
- Finally, Prepare quarterly and annual project activity reports.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Ten or more years of experience in education, social accountability and/or public administration, with at least four years in a managerial or team leader capacity.
- An advanced degree in education, business administration, economics, international development social sciences or a related field.
- Experience in capacity development and systems strengthening, with a focus on local governance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ghana education and governance systems.
- At least 5 years of experience in the education or governance sectors in similar contexts.
- Demonstrated experience managing USAID-funded or similar-sized projects, ideally as a COP, Program Director, Team Lead, of similar managerial experience preferred.
- Experience with adaptive management approaches, collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) and overseeing MEAL activities on donor-funded projects.
- Ability to successfully recruit, train, develop, and manage staff.
- Ability to manage agreements and all required programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Ability to perform internal control functions to manage project operations.
- Ability to write and converse in English fluently.
How To Apply For This Job Vacancy For Chief of Party
Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via email to: email@example.com with “Chief of Party” in the subject line
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Closing Date: 30 September, 2022
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- University of Ghana Announces Job Vacancies
- USAID West Africa Call For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at WASCAL
- West Africa Trade and Investment Hub Invites Job Applications
- Newmont Mining Corporation Job Available Vacancy
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research Call For Job Applications
- Canonical Latest Job Vacancies
- Massive Recruitment|| SOCODEVI Invite Job Applications
- Massive Recruitment|| MDF West Africa Limited Job Openings
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED