Plan International Ghana, in collaboration with the Vocational Training for Females (VTC) programme, is implementing the Pathways for sustainable Employment for Youth and Women (PASEWAY) project. The Project aims at providing innovative and job readiness skills necessary to create wage or self – employment opportunities for the youth.
The project location is in Kumasi and seeks well-motivated individuals for the underlisted positions: Accounts Officer
• The Accounts Officer at Plan International in collaboration with Vocational Training for Females (VTF) Programme will be responsible keeping proper book of accounts on all project transactions to aid the preparation of the overall Pathways for Sustainable Employment (PASEWAY) project financial reports for dissemination and decision making.
• Ensures that project transactions are reviewed and correctly entered into the approved software on a timely basis;
• Ensures proper filing (electronic and hard copy) of grants financial reports
• Prepares quarterly and year-end financial schedules of the project,
• Prepares payroll and ensues prompt payment of all statutory obligations, bills, rents, insurance and others.
• Reviews project sub-ledger for all advances and prepaid expenses and follows up on outstanding advances
• Monitors and reviews advance liquidation
• Assists in preparation of project annual budget
• Monitors project budget and suggest modifications when necessary
• Ensures financial reports are submitted timely before further funds are requested
• Assists the Project Accountant in requesting tunds per agreed timelines or where necessary
• Ensures compliance with best practices and donor specific requirements
• Ensures project bank amount and cash balances never go negative by following up in a timely manner
• Reviews all the vouchers to completeness and documentation and arithmetic accuracy.
• Fulfils the organisation’s safeguarding Policy at all times to protect Children and the Youth from all forms of abuse
• Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the achievement of the PASEWAY Project Goals
• A good first degree in Accounting with ICA Ghana part 2 or ACCA Foundation (Level 2) or its equivalent
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a strni,r role in NGO sector
• Knowledge of Financial Accounting software will be an add. advantage
• Show strong understanding and knowledge ot Cash Flows. Budgetary Controls. and Compliance with Finance Controls.
• Fair knowledge in Project Management
Interested applicants should indicate the positions they are applying for with their CV, and relevant certificates to:
23 January, 2020
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED