UAPS is a non-profit making Pan-African organization whose main objective is to promote the scientific study and application of research evidence in policy formulation and program development on population and development issues in Africa.
UAPS was established at the initiative of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) by the Third General Conference of African Demographers, Statisticians and Planners held in Addis Ababa in March 1984.
UAPS seeks to recruit a full-time Research and Program Manager for an initial period of 12 months. S/He will be based at the UAPS secretariat in Accra, Ghana and will report to the UAPS Vice-President.
Given the current situation related to the COVID-19 pandemic, UAPS can consider the possibility of having the successful candidate work remotely for a certain period of
Duties and Responsibilities
The Research and Program Manager will:
- Contribute to fundraising including developing concept notes and grant proposals to be submitted to existing and potential funders.
- Develop Terms of Reference related to UAPS work including those related to recruitments of consultants.
- Coordinate the activities of UAPS thematic scientific research panels including regular follow-up on their activities.
- Support the Editor-in-Chief in running the African Population Studies journal.
- Support the development and publishing of key reports.
- Review and/or develop key documents and manuals related to UAPS activities.
- Coordinate the update of the UAPS website content.
- Support the organization of UAPS meetings including Council meetings, regional meetings and the African Population Conferences.
- Conduct any other UAPS activity as required.
- At least a Master’s degree (Ph.D. preferred) in demography, public health, sociology, population studies or any other relevant field.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience in research and training on population studies or related field.
- Excellent analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations.
4. Demonstrated capacity and prior experience in supervising others as a coach/mentor to train and develop their skills, including management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the French language will be an added advantage.
The remuneration package is both attractive and competitive in the Ghanaian job market, and is negotiable according to qualifications, experience and evidence of performance.
This position includes health insurance, a contributory pension scheme, and opportunities for international travel.
Mode of Application
Interested applicants should forward an application letter motivating suitability for the position as well as an updated curriculum vitae, copies of relevant qualification certificates and contact details of three referees, addressed to:
The UAPS President
Union for African Population Studies
RIPS/ISSER Building Complex, Room 19
Opp. Mathematics Department, University of Ghana
Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Please submit your application to: email@example.com and a copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: APPLICATION FOR RESEARCH AND PROGRAM MANAGER (VAC-RPM21).
Application Closing Date
Closing date for receiving all applications is on or before November 17, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED