Solidarity For Humanity International (SOHI) is a young non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose sole aim is to make life bearable in rural Africa.Solidarity For Humanity International (SOHI) is a compassionate social organization seeking to make a sustainable difference in the lives of the poor in some rural African countries.
We are currently seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Project Officer in the Operations Section. We are looking for a determined, self-motivated, and detail-oriented individual with experience in general developmental programs and NGO administration.
Position: Project Officer
Hierarchical superior: Executive Director
Location: Sunyani, Ghana
- The Project Officer will be responsible for ensuring effective implementation of diverse project activities and task assigned to attain goals and objectives
- The Project Officer will be responsible for overseeing project work-plan performance, participating in project planning ,budgeting,implementation,monitoring,reporting and program development in project site
- With guidance from the Executive Director,initiate planning for project (Operational Planning, Budgeting)
- Participating in developing project proposals and project documentation
- Assist Executive Director to develop work plan with partners if necessary
- Coordinate with the team and partner to conduct capacity building trainings for partners
- Supporting the Executive Director in all aspects of the program implementation and development as requested.
- Responsible for supporting the program’s advocacy plan
- Establish monitoring and evaluation systems including indicators
- Actively assist and participate in project events (meetings/workshops/trainings)
- Undertake other program administration tasks as and when necessary
- Ensure transparency, ethical conduct and efficiency in project implementation
- Reporting on project activities and expenditure as requested by the Executive Director and according to project timeframes
- Preparing of monthly,quarterly and annual reports.
- Report to Executive Director any of changes which impact to the project implementation
Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Be responsible for monitoring and supervision of activities implemented in the project’s sites to ensure effective implementation.
- Supervising and recording project activities expenditure against budget
- Responsible for managing project database and other M&E tools
- Implement the project M&E plan in a professional manner
- Visit project sites on a regular basis
- Participate in Project review
- Participate in Planning for transfer / transition of achievements
- Provide technical support to project team and partners when necessary
- Identifying training needs of partners and beneficiaries in the context of the project
- Contribute in developing operating tools for project interventions
- Assist in reviewing and redesigning intervention in consultation with the Project managerand partners and in response to evolving needs of target groups
- Compile / document lessons learnt and intervention model
- Participating in designing research /study , collecting analyzing data, translating document research findings together with other project team members, partners and consultants
- Preparing and facilitating together with project team, consultant and local partner to plan,design and conduct workshops and trainings.
- Facilitating and supporting project partners, consultant and project team to develop training manual and other IEC materials…
- Prepare and participate in periodical meetings
- Provide the Communications officer with contacts for database (donors, consultants, networks)
- Coordinate with project teams in documentation of projects achievements
- Assist in project special events together with the Communications officer and the Executive Director.
- Support the Communications officer in the production of communications tools: video clips, leaflet, press release/press kit,database
- Support in organization of visits (of donors,home office personnel,other visitors)
- Establish relationship and attends technical meetings with other NGOs and networks when appropriate
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with other organizations and leverage resources
- Participate in developing long-range strategic goals and strategies consistent with the mission and capabilities of Initiative.
- Report regularly to the Executive Director about project management matters
- Implement project operating procedures together with project team members
- Ensure compliance with Initiative: SOHI policies and procedures
- Monitoring Project expenditure based on a clear project plan and applied all required Financial regulations (by donors and Initiative: SOHI global standards)
- Supporting Project partners to develop the project budget in a participatory manner
- Support Finances in payments procedure (verification, followup)
- Participate in the controlling of the appropriateness and compliance of the program operations, narrative work plan, and budgets
- Assisting the Executive Director to develop quarterly / annually financial plan
Qualification Required & Experience
Selection Criteria and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Project management or administration, Engineering, WASH or related field;
- At least 2 years’ experience in development projects
- Monitoring and evaluation skills desirable;
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively communicate via writing, public speaking and interpersonal interactions;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with community organizations, government officials, corporate executives, general public and staff;
- A spirit of achieving excellence and team building;
- Demonstration of honesty, transparency, accountability;
- Demonstration of ethical and critical way of thinking;
- Perfect command of English, especially in report and proposal writing;
- Advanced skills in Word, PowerPoint, Skype, Gmail, GoogleDocs, GoogleDrive, and proficiency in Excel.
How To Apply For The Job
To apply,send CV to: s[email protected]
Incomplete and late applications will NOT be considered.
Closing Date: 15 April, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Initiative: Solidarity For Humanity International (SOHI) provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- Employment Opportunity Available At Polixis
- AmaliTech Latest Employment Opportunities
- Fairtrade Africa (FTA) Calls For Job Applications
- Jhpiego New Job Vacancies
- DAI Invites Job Applications
- Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP) latest jobs
- WANEP-Ghana Latest Job Vacancy
- Accounts Officers, Administrators needed at Diamond Logistics Limited
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED