Job Vacancy at Results for Development (R4D)
Consultant: Field Supervisor
Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. Moreover, We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. Also, We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
Equity for health means the absence of systematic disparities in health between different social or economic groups. Equity is one of the core concepts underlying Universal Health Coverage (UHC) agenda in Ghana and a key objective of many health systems strengthening reforms in the country. Promoting equitable access to essential health services is one of the three core objectives of the Primary Care Provider (PCP) Network initiative of the Government of Ghana (GoG). Ghana Health Service (GHS) is conducting an implementation research study to better understand the role of PCP Networks in advancing equity in PHC service utilization and delivery in Ghana. The study will advance understanding of the role PCP Networks could play in promoting Ghana’s broader equity objectives for UHC and contribute to global knowledge on equity enhancing strategies.
The Health systems Strengthening Accelerator (the Accelerator), led by Results for Development, is working with the GoG to support the implementation and nation-wide scale-up of PCP Networks. The Accelerator is also providing financial and technical support to the Research and Development Division of the GHS to conduct the above-mentioned study.
Moreover, The Accelerator is a global health system strengthening initiative, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) with co-funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), that supports local partners as they find their own pathways to meaningful and lasting health systems change.
Consult Roles and Scope of Services
Under the supervision of the Accelerator project’s activity team and equity researcher, the consultant will be responsible for supervising and coordinating data collection on health service utilization practices and households’ assets using a pre-developed household survey.
Basic Role of the Consultant
The consultant shall work with the Accelerator to complete the following tasks:
- Firstly, Liaise in scheduling meetings and workshops for all activities implemented in Volta region.
- Secondly, Provide logistics guidance and support to organizing Key Informant Interviews and Focus Groups Discussions, as appropriate
- Recruit data collectors for the study in collaboration with and under the guidance of the researchers from Accra and the Accelerator team.
- Thirdly, Support listing of survey households based on enumeration area maps provided
- Furthermore, Participate in data collection training in collaboration with the researchers to develop full understanding of the activity objectives, how the data collection tools address those objectives, data security, and ethics.
- Moreover, Participate in piloting the data collection tool and assist with revising the tool as necessary.
- More so, Arrange the logistics for data collection in field (including contacting the various health facility leaders to arrange data collection as well as travel and accommodation arrangements)
- Additionally, Provide technical and logistic support for data collectors.
- Then, Ensure the quality of data collection, informed consent (if necessary), and compliance with the data security plan.
- Also, Supervise and monitor data collectors to assure quality of data collection process.
- Besides that, Compile daily completed data collection tools, informed consent documentation (if necessary) and submit to the researchers at the end of each week.
- Most importantly, Monitor the use of data collection equipment (e.g. tablets and voice recorders, as appropriate).
- Thereafter, Perform survey interviews and participate in data collection as and when necessary
- Afterwards, Provide feedback and report any difficulties to data collection coordinator during the data collection time; recommend replacement of data collectors if necessary.
- Last but not least, Monitor compliance to COVID-19 precautionary requirements of data collectors.
- Finally, Prepare Site visit notes documenting any difficulties or irregularities in data collection and send to data collection coordinator.
By acknowledging these responsibilities, the consultant agrees to the following statements:
- Accurately document information collected and submit high quality data
- Ensure that data collection follows timelines agreed upon
- Report routine updates to research team about the progress of work
- Stay objective and neutral while recruiting data collectors
- Comply with all data safety and security rules
- Maintain anonymity of respondents throughout and after the study
- Diligently monitor the use of data collection equipment
How to Apply for the Job Vacancy at Results for Development (R4D)
Please send applications to Katy Coleman at [email protected]
Closing Date: 28th June 2022
To apply you must be a Ghana national. With your application, please also include your expected payment rate.
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED